Have you or anyone you know been "Abducted" by other life forms?

Your reply makes no sense to me. Are you saying that you don’t have a single, strong piece of evidence, and the reason why this is just fine is because scientists say there are black holes? So if scientists can’t see black holes directly, that validates your belief in alien abduction?

Scientists have evidence that black holes exist, inferred by other astronomical activity and confirmed by physics theory. What evidence (just one piece at a time, please) do you have that anyone has been abducted? Give us your best shot.

:cool:

Depends on whether you believe in the theory of panspermia.

shouldn’t that be panfriedspermia?

sorry.

A gentleman living in my apartment complex once explained to me that he existed in a continuous state of permanent abduction, in that tiny UFOs were actually living inside his bloodstream. Apparently these microscopic UFOs are directed personally by Satan, whose true form is that of a giant three-headed crab monster. When the concentration of UFOs in my neighbor’s blood gets too high, he starts having impure thoughts; fortunately he has developed various mental exercises to drive the UFOs away.

Many of his family and personal acquaintances have also been replaced by android duplicates, although he was unclear whether this was the responsibility of the Satanic UFOs, the government, or the Communist empire which contacts him telepathically from within the Hollow Earth. It all fits together somehow though, I can assure you. He gave me some literature.

What if he’s right? You ever think of that mister smarty-pants?

This guy http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/1993/mullis-autobio.html believes that he was abducted. He also believes in ESP, ghosts, doesn’t believe that HIV is related to AIDS and has ingested a truly startling array of booze and drugs.

I’d be happy to believe in aliens abductions, the Loch Ness Monster or dowsing if there was evidence for them.

As far as I know, we have no evidence of alien spaceships, aliens themselves or any alien objects left behind.
We do know that people have dreams and that there are a lot of eye-witness claims.
I would like to study the evidence. What is it?

As for black holes, Musicat has already stated that we can detect them. True, nobody has been inside one, but we have confidence in them from astronomy observations.

I’m happy to believe in all of the above and Bigfoot, ghosts, el chupacabra, the essential goodness of the human soul, spontaneous human combustion, angels, and the possibility that Jessica Alba will eventually do a nude scene without even the hint of a shred of evidence.

Life is much easier when you are completely credulous. :cool:

I was in one once for 20 minutes, in the 1960’s.
Actually, if you ask me if I believe in U.F.O.s
Astral projections
Mental telepathy
E.S.P.
Clairvoyance
Spirit photography
Telekinetic movement
Full-trance mediums
The Loch Ness monster
And the theory of Atlantis

I’ll answer:

“If there’s a steady paycheck in it, I’ll believe anything you say.”

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses count?

In fact, he was only too happy to provide proof of his assertions. His telepathic link with the Hollow Earth Communists gave him the ability to psionically detonate their nuclear weapons from a distance, which he did periodically to avert any incipient invasion of the Earth’s surface.

He proceeded to demonstrate this ability, which manifested itself as ten minutes of him staring into space with an intent look on his face, occasionally asking, “Did you feel that?” and me replying noncommittally while trying to avoid any sudden movements. As it happens, I did not feel any earth tremors from nuclear weapon detonations, although I was pretty sure that to admit this would probably qualify as proof that I too was an android.

However-- and this is the important thing-- there not yet been an invasion from the Communist forces within the Hollow Earth! If that doesn’t count as proof that his technique is sound, I don’t know what does. The hypothesis was totally verified! That’s science.

Fucking bastards!

I’ve never seen one but think odds are there is other life out there, just taking into account all of the other planets and galaxies and whatnot- why should Earth be the only one of all of them with life?

All right, let me preface this experience by saying that sleep disorders run in my family and I suffer sleep paralysis during times of stress or sleep deprivation. I’m quite positive that my experience is nothing more than my sleep-deprived brain stewing in its own juices during a bout of sleep paralysis.

Now, the experience, which is way cool when viewed from the detached point of view of neurons misfiring, though it would probably be absolutely terrifying if I believed it was real:

I was living alone at the time, going to college and thousands of miles away from my family. It was a house in the suburbs and I had a cat, but otherwise I was completely alone. I woke up in bed with the feeling of a presence, but I was unable to move anything beyond my eyes. I could barely even breathe, in fact, as it felt like a pressure was on my chest. Moving my eyes to my right, I saw a greenish-blue light streaming through the window next to my bed. It was incredibly bright and made stark shadows on the floor through the blinds. There was movement outside of the window. I could see the shadows of two hands press against the glass for a moment. They were very slender with long, knobby fingers, and only four to each hand. The thumbs were nearly as long as the fingers, but still opposable, giving a very odd look to the hands.

The movements continued outside the window, during all of this, but at this point I heard movements inside the house. Rustling and shuffling, as if many people were moving around quickly and quietly. Then through my open bedroom door I saw the silhouette of a being. Large headed, bald, with the same long, bulbous-jointed fingers. It began to come towards my bed and raised a hand out towards me. I tried to scream or move, but I couldn’t. And then…

…well, I suppose I went back to sleep, my imagination spent. When I woke up in the morning, I remembered it quite clearly and it seemed completely real, so I can see how someone who wasn’t inclined to accept a simple organic explanation could believe it to be something else. I imagine if I hadn’t watched the X-Files so avidly my visitors would’ve been fairies or demons, though.

And yet, were people to use that sort of reasoning to postulate the existance of the allmighty, they’d get all kinds of “invisible pink unicorn” grief.

I don’t get your reasoning.

Given the number of planets in the universe, it’s difficult to believe that the earth is the only one with life on it, though there is not yet proof of any extra-terrestrial life.

I can think of no corresponding argument that God exists.

It shouldn’t, but we’d be boring as hell for aliens to visit if they had the resources to travel from one solar system to another, requiring a great deal of time and energy.

I knew a kid in high school who claimed to have been abducted by aliens. Said they served him a nice steak dinner.

If I’m ever abducted, I hope it’s by aliens with a similar sense of hospitality.

I thought I photographed a UFO once a while ago, but it turned out to just be a streetlight.