Have you received your tax rebate? (Poll)

If you’re a married couple, don’t you get $1200? We’re married with one child and ours is $1500.

Yay, It’s acomin’ tommorow.

Bills of course for most of it but at least $100 to be spent unwisely on fun :slight_smile:

I thought it would be at least $1200, since Ivylad is a disabled vet, but I’m not about to start a fight with the IRS. I will take the money, thank them kindly, and run.

We got a fairly nice tax refund and we were able to completely pay off two credit cards with that, so while I wish it were a bit more, I’m not going to turn it down just because it was less than I thought.

I was expecting mine in the first round, since my SSN ends in 09. Just found out yesterday that it’s delayed because I filed an amended return. ::gnashes teeth::

I cannot WAIT to get stimulated.

Got mine last Friday and I’m spending it this Friday when I go to Moscow. I figure the Russian economy needs to be stimulated also.

I got that same message, but I’ve already gotten paid (direct deposit). And based on the last two digits in my social I wasn’t supposed to get it until Friday the 9th. Go figure.

I got my $600 by direct deposit. And because savings interest rates have dropped below the inflation rate, I feel myself slowly getting poorer, so I won’t be spending any of it.

I got a letter on Monday, 5/5, telling me that I should receive my Free Money from The President by 5/2. I said, “Huh.” So I logged into my online banking and checked my account, and there it was, deposited on 5/2.

I see a rumor on other boards that if you owed tax, and paid by direct debit, you will receive a paper check and not direct deposit. Anyone able to confirm or deny?

I ask because by the schedule posted on the IRS website I should have received mine today if I was getting it by direct deposit, but it’s 7PM and there’s no sign of it, and the tracking page says “no information is available”.

JRB

Got my $600 this morning via direct deposit.

Mine was deposited today! Woohoo!

Direct deposit here also…

I got $600 wednesday. Direct deposit. 07 SSN. Made the car payment.

I hope I can ask a question here. I haven’t paid much attention to this whole issue of stimulus payments. Is this just free money from the government? Will we have to report it as income next year? The last time the government sent me money from the IRS, I would up paying almost exactly that amount to the IRS with my next tax return. Is that going to happen again? I really got pissed off that last time, because if I had known I’d have to repay the money I wouldn’t have spent it.

Can anybody help me with this?

From what I understand, it’s basically an advance on what you would be receiving next year due to a new tax cut. Let’s say you had a refund of $2000 this year. Assuming all variables are equal next year, your refund would have been $3200 (the $2000 + the $1200 from the new tax cut), but because you’ve already been advanced that tax cut money in the form of the economic stimulus, you’ll receive $2000.