Haven't even opened the package and I want to send it back.

Men’s sana in corpore sano!

what, thats not right either?

:smiley:

Oh yeah. Thanks.

Typo, if I see that on my next box of Asics (or Asic’s? or Asics’?) I’d better not be payin’ full price for 'em.

-'scout

:smiley:

Heh heh…

Run like the Pro’s Trot of course.

Why does this fail to instill me with confidence? :slight_smile:

A former friend of mine, who some of the dopers met, has the annoying habit of misusing or deleting apostophies with incredible consistency. She never used one for possesives except for “its” nor for contractions while plurals always got them. The sad part was she was working to be a secondary school teacher.

Totally off topic, but you are so going to love the heart rate monitor.

LOL amarinth I’ve been wearing it at work all day today.

1. Good News: My twice-daily walks up 12 flights of stairs put my heart at the top of its aerobic zone.

2. Bad News: A steady 12-minute mile pace puts my heart at the top of its aerobic zone. Can you say “turtle?”

What about when a single word is shortened into a smaller word? I take my examples from Road to Oz by L. Frank Baum, where the character Button Bright doesn’t get a sentance in edgewise without words being shortened by apostrophies. Or another example, from Tom Sawyer (since i am reading taht now) Tom says:"…Because if he’d ‘a’ had one she’d ‘a’ burnt him one herself!" where have gets turned into a single letter.

I was thinking about that after I posted because the cutsie-poo word “l’il” popped into my head. I think those are instances of writing meant to mimic a certain dialect or speaking style. For instance the word “have” is not spelled as ‘a’ throughout the entire book, only when Tom is speaking.