Hayden breaks Lara's record

Well Matthew Hayden has beaten Brian Lara’s record, 380 in a test match. I’m kind of underwhelmed though, seeing as it was against Zimbabwe. Lara’s old record was against England at least.

Stil, well done that man, I’ll l4eave it to better judges than me to give their reaction .

Ditto here - Its an amazing achievement and nothing should subtract from that, but Lara did do it against us, which is slightly more acceptable.

Congratulations to Messr. Hayden. I always figured he was the top opening batsman in Test cricket today, and his innings is further proof of his greatness.

That said, the Zim attack was understrength. Frankly, it was Heath Streak and a bunch of trundlers. It’s pretty sad when the second-best bowler on your side is better-known for being Nick Price’s nephew than for his bowling. Then again, Lara’s 375 was made on a very easy pitch. (Chris Lewis made 75 in that game, for crying out loud.) Any long Test innings requires patience, concentration, and determination: key attributes Matthew Hayden holds in abundance. Well played, Matt.

Is that English, y’all?

:wink:

its very English.

:wink:

In a nice touch Hayden has dedicated the innings to the victims of last year’s Bali bombings.

It’s quite bizarre that the Rugby World Cup has started in Aussie while there’s a test series going on. What ever happened to seasonal sport?