He Hate Me FF Keeper League – Year 11

Okay - uglier than I thought, after checkingn out a couple of preseason games. Think I will try to forget last year ever happened and start with a clean slate.

No keepers for me.

I’m just keeping Alfred Morris in the 10th.

I’ll be keeping Victor Cruz in the 11th.

The Hermit’s still here, lurking almost every day.

With the great season I had last year and the fact that my top candidate is Hernandez, I’ll be keeping none this time. Going for a fresh start.

Keeping David Wilson in 3rd, Stevan Ridley in 4th.
If anyone wants to make a last-minute trade, I have the 3rd pick in the 2nd round and am willing to trade down. Looking to move me up from the 12 spot in the first round.

I’m keeping Garcon and Olsen.

I’m keeping josh Freeman, mike Williams and mendenhall.

I’ll be keeping AJ Green and CJ Spiller.

Edit: Invite to Ottoerotic has been sent.

Thanks for the invite everyone, I’ll be keeping Graham in the 3rd.

Okay, going over my list, I have the following keepers for everyone:

4th and 19: nobody
Baltimore Weirdos: Andy Dalton
Crabby Hermits: nobody
Exploding Pancakes: Alfred Morris
Fightin’ Quakers: David Wilson, Stevan Ridley
Hamlet: nobody
HungryHungryHarus: nobody
Munch: AJ Green, CJ Spiller
No Use For a Name: Victor Cruz
Omnipotents: Greg Olsen, Pierre Garcon
Ottoman Empire: Jimmy Graham
RNATB: Josh Freeman, Mendenhall, Mike Williams
Spiritus Mundane: nobody
Varlos’ Zzzzzz: nobody

Does that look right?

That’s quite a short list of keepers, isn’t it? What would you guess is the league average number of keepers every year? That barely affects the top of the draft - only Morris, Green, and Graham would likely be top picks.

Whoops - missed Wilson’s keepers of Newton, Gonzalez and Sproles.

I wanted to keep Randall Cobb, Danny Amend ola, and Darren McFadden.

The 2 round penalty basically ensures that. The only first round grade players who can be kept are the ones that didn’t have a first or second round grade last year. For the sake of comparison, here is the list of kept players from 2012:

2011:

And 2010:

Apparently when I won the league in 2011 I did it without any keepers. Go me!

Okay, I’m currently at:

Team Total Keepers
9 Inch Neils (RNATB) 3
Off Constantly 2
Fourth & Nineteen 3
Fightin’ Quakers 2
Moridwon (Hamlet) 3
Exploding Pancakes 1
Crabby Hermits 0
No Use For A Name 1
Varlos’ Zzzzzzz 0
HungryHungryHaruspex 2 (forgot D. Thomas and Nelson)
Baltimore Weirdos 1
Spiritus Mundane 0
Omnipotents 2
Ottoman Empire 1

Everyone check the draft page to make sure I have this right so far:

Mine are correct.

I missed the whole discussion on trading “keeper slots”. I find myself fundamentally agreeing with **senorbeef **on thsi one, but I would frame it slightly differently. I think everyone understands that these trades are beneficial for the players making the exchange. I think everyone also understands that there is no down side for teh players making the exchange. Since draft position is clearly a zero sum game, that means the advatage for the teams making the trade is realized by creating a disadvantage to every other team in the league. This makes such trades essentially unbalanced, not between the teams making the trades but between the traders and teh rest of the league. I had never really given it much thought until I caught up on this discussion, but the analysis seems pretty straightforward.

Given that, I officially object to all exchanges of “keeper slots” on the grounds that they are unbalanced.

Unoficially, it isn’t that big a deal to me and I will bow to the will of themajority (or the commissioner) and just have fun wit the game. :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking care of that.

One question though. I vaguely remember a limit on the number of years you can keep the same player, but I’m positive. Looking at RNATB’s list, this will be the third time I’ll be keeping McFadden. Am I misremembering the rule or confusing this with another league?

You remember correctly. I thought I double checked the “kept last year” players, but that one seems to have slipped through. Sorry - you don’t get to keep him. Did that screw up any of your draft slot changes? We have the keeper rules on post #1 in this thread. Damn - I’m sorry I missed that.