Heat Miser or Snow Miser

This thread is hilarious!! Made my day!

My vote is for Snow Miser, I think he simply has more overall talent and style than HM.

Then you’re saying that Heat Miser broke the deal through his outrageous demand.

Two issues are open:

1 …who is your fave?
2 …who was the deal breaker?

I still want to drop the South Town punk that mouthed off to Snow Miser.

Yes, socks over antlers is pretty weak.

Here’s proof that the Heat Miser was the deal breaker:

From my reading of the important wheeling and dealing segment from ** A Year Without A Santa Claus **it is never stated that the Heat Miser is only demanding the North Pole for a specific length of time. All he asks for is the “the North Pole”. If Heat Miser were only asking for 1 day of control of the Pole, then why does he object when Mother Nature makes that exact compromise. Because if HM only wants the Pole for 1 day, then Mother Nature is essentially presenting the very same solution that HM was originally offering.

“I won’t do it!” says HM. It’s a damning quote.

Therefore Heat Miser HAD to be asking for exacly what he appears to be asking for: Complete and utter domination of the North Pole. What a hot-headed Napoleonic wannabe.

I think the exchange was quid pro quo. Heat Miser said, “I want the North Pole”, but this must be interpreted as meaning he only wanted it for one day. It is too outlandish to think that Heat Miser wanted permanent control. Snow Miser objects because, even just for one day, giving up the North Pole for South Town is just not an even exchange for him. In the context of Santa, one can see how the North Pole is almost holy ground.

However, even though I’m a Snowie fan, I think he broke the deal. I think the deal was 1 for 1, and he thought his North pole to be too sacred. I wouldn’t hold the North Pole in such high regard.

I think the real issue is whether the North Pole for South Town for one day is fair. I say it is. The Heat Miser was approached for negotiations, and the person approached for an exchange always goes for the throat. If someone approached me for South Town, although it is worthless on paper vs. the North Pole, THE FACT THAT THEY WANTED it just sky rocketed it’s value. Oh…it’s just little ol’ South Toen until someone needs it. Now that they need it, it’s time to sink our teeth into this deal.

Heat Miser was right to negotiate that way. Snowie balked and broke the deal.

If just for their songs, the Snow Miser. Rhyming “degrees” with “freeze” is clever. Rhyming “degrees” with “degrees” is something only Homer Simpson would think highly of.

Oh wow. Hey you guys…::sneaks in:: Okay, don’t tell Jester I was in here, k? He is convinced I’m obsessed with The Year Without a Santa Claus. If he sees me in here, it will clinch it.

Definitely I love Snow Miser. I’ve only seen it once, yesterday, but I thought he was very cool. Yeah, Iggy was such a dork for protesting- “Don’t you make fun of Santa!” like that. Snowie was much cooler. And I remember thinking that that was a pretty bad trade. Heat Miser would have come off so well!!

Heat Miser was demanding the whole North Pole. Come on, North Pole made hot? Uh, global warming and all that stuff? He was going to throw the planet out of wack!!! It is a gross injustice. That hotheaded dictator. Gawd.

And Vixen was so cute. She made a somewhat convincing dog- with those puppy dog eyes…:slight_smile: