HEAVY Metal Bands

I at one time dabbled somewhat in metal, and although i’ve given that genre up to an extent, what others have said is correct. When I’m really, really pissed, and I mean so damn pissed that I might want to take a swing at a wall, I’ll still put on some early Swans (not metal, per se…more like treble-less punk slowed down to 80 bpm) or Foetus (also not metal, well, at least not for the most part), close my eyes tightly, and feel that damn angry music pulse through my veins. It’s a god damn mind garbage enema, im telling you. Granted, I gave metal up because I tend to go for a more abstract approach to anger, frustration and depression (Kid A), but sometimes you really can’t beat a fookin’ loud guitar.

-H.P.E.

The Swans and Foetus?! Fuck, HP, you should post here more often. Jim Thirwell rules.

I couldn’t agree with you more. It was only “Hole”, “Never Mind the Bollocks” and “Raw Power” that got me through high school without killing anyone.

jarbaby, I also understand the industrial thing. I understand the bondage freak thing. It’s the N’Sync thing that throws me.

Wow…More Foetus and Swans fan…hot damn!
One a side note…i heard that Foetus is werkin on a new album, no release date as of yet.

I know, I know…it’s my guilty pleasure. That Lance is SO sexy…sometimes I have to get away from the sturm and drang of my usual music and just DANCE MY ASS OFF WOOHOO!!! ::ahem::

HalberMensch

NOTE THAT PARENTS EVERYWHERE: WITHOUT THE POLITICAL AGENDA

I love Laibach, Front 242, Nitzer Ebb…all that…

jarbaby