Heavy Metal (magazine)

Somewhere in the depths of my storage unit I have a collection of Heavy Metal magazines, from Issue 1 to… sometime in the late-'80s? Early- to mid-'90s? I had a subscription until they changed their format and I lost interest.

I think I have Mad and National Lampoon on my computer (it’s bedtime, and I don’t want to look). Is there a digital collection of the Heavy Metal magazines I have? I’d like to download them so oI don’t have to dig through boxes.

Somebody had scanned a sizeable portion of back issues and uploaded them on to the Internet Archive. But they have been removed.

You’d think they’d be downloadable from Amazon, but I only saw individual issues there.

Once online, always online. Cursorily searching I see plenty of issues, including (but not limited to) the Internet Archive, as well as various English translations.
Issue #1:

I remember my fiance had a stack and I spent quite some time perusing them. Some of the stories have stuck in my mind forever. There was one with a character that creeped me out because he was dressed normally but wore a mask, as if hiding some deformity. There was a blue tinted Italian thing - ‘Valentina’ - and of course all the shiny chrome robot women with enormous racks. I kind of sank into another eerie weird world looking through those magazines. Not a good thing to binge!

That would be “Rock Opera” by Rod Kierkegaard, Jr.