Heinlein question -- "Gulf" & "Friday" (open spoilers)

I stand corrected. *One *incident. On the other hand, if a bunch of people were trying to jam sticks up *your *nose, wouldn’t *you *be a little irritable? All the other damages can be attributed to excessive playfulness and a porpoise’s innate practical joker mentality. They like to play tricks, both on humans and each other. That’s another sign of a highly intelligent species: a well-developed sense of humor.

Orcas are *not *friendly and should *never *be considered as such, even though they are at least as intelligent as porpoises. They are the “wolves of the sea” and anyone with half a brain will put lots of distance between themselves and two and a half tons of sentient carnivore.

Definitions: dolphins are fish, coryphaenidae, like the pompano. Porpoises are the mammals we know as bottlenose dolphins. The two terms are often mixed, much to the grief of marine biologists. I know a couple and they always frown when I use the term “dolphin” to describe tursiops truncatus. Bad form, doncha know.