Hello SDMB members...

Naw, dates are tasty and all, and they’re fine dried, but you should let them cool off before eating. I’m not sure why anyone would ask for a hot date. Unless you mean serving them with Tabasco sauce… I’ve never tried them that way, but who knows, they might be good.

Well that is really funny.
I don’t know about the rest of you but where I’m from we talk to strangers like they were family. We are very friendly folks. It’s pretty simple here where I am.
I’m sure I wouldn’t ask Ice Wolf for a “Hot Date” but if Ice Wolf were here we would cook dinner for him. :slight_smile:
Like tonight we cooked four racks of baby back ribs marinated in chicago style sauce mixed with a home made mesquite sauce. We had boiled smashed potatoes with lots of butter, Italian bread rubbed with hot spices, shells and cheese, brussle sprouts, and homemade cinnamon apple rolls.
And our company was an old college friend of mine and his family I had not seen in five years.
It was really good…

I believe in being friendly to folk around here, myself, unless they give me reason to do otherwise, and then I usually just don’t rise to the bait.

They’re kidding, though, cbm77. They know full well I’m a loner of a she-wolf. :wink:

Your meal description there looks mouth-watering, mate. Ah, the tyranny of distance … :slight_smile:

Dopers you gotta understand…We cook. We cook a LOT around here! And I don’t mean only for special occasions. This southern cooking is the type that leaves your belly full and wanting for more. Everyone I know around here does it.
I always cook to much and the left-overs are always ate. You have to believe that Thanksgiving means a cook-a-thon and there are no prisioners.

But yeah this was supposed to be a big hello to the dope…

Anybody want recipes?

Somehow, I get the strong feeling you need to meet up with Zenster and Quasimodem:slight_smile:

Why is that?

I recommend wiping down all surfaces with a damp, lint-free cloth. For persistent residues, try a mild detergent.

I apprecieate the advice Mangetout…~
However, this is more of a muck. Detergent and cloth are not able to scrub away the tar just yet.

WOW ! doesn’t that just make ya wonder?

Well, Zenster and Quasi are two of the “cooking guys” around the board here. If you ever want to talk recipes, Zenster’s your man.

Check out Cafe Society for threads on food, cooking, and all that jazz.

Hey, seriously, now… we’re really veered into territory that belongs in a different forum.

You want to pick it up, I suggest you start a thread called “M’boro/Dixon hospitality” in MPSIMS … or “M’boro/Dixion” … or any other title you’d like.

We’re not overly fussy about which threads go where, but it does help people who are looking for a topic or type of conversation to find them. That is, people who might enjoy a conversation about Tennessian cooking wouldn’t look in this forum. Well, mostly not.

OK?

Yes, sorry. That’s why I tried directing him to Cafe Society.

Sorry about that.