"Hello, this is Carlton.I'll be your doorman.."

This infamous doorman was brought up in conversation tonight and the ensuing debate of what 70’s sitcom did his voice appear on.

I say Jeffersons. My friends say Rhoda.
Then I started thinking about it and I can picture BOTH. Someone PLEASE HELP ME.

I only sawe about two episodes of the Jeffersons and don’t remember him. He was definitely in all 8 or 9 episodes of Rhoda that I watched.

(I’d say the same guy was doing the voice of Garfield in cartoons and commercials, now, except that would make him about 78 years old.)

Tom~

It was on Rhoda. and if I am not mistake the voice was George Carlin

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Actually, the voice was Lorenzo Music and it was on Rhoda. I know this because I have no life. :slight_smile:

MaryAnn
More woman than you’ll ever inflate!

The voice of Garfield is Lorenzo Music, whereas the voice of Carlton the Doorman is Lorenzo Music.

Maybe they’re related?

:wink:

“Vyvyan! Where did you get that Howitzer?” “…I found it.”

The Legend Of PigeonMan - updates every Wed & Sat

Rhoda, for sure. I always looked forward to his voice. But I’ve lost all respect for the man now that I know he has anything to do with that accursed creation Garfield.

The Jeffersons had Ralph the doorman, and he was quite visible, always acting pathetic in hopes of getting a tip.

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green

Lorenzo Music also provided the voice of Peter Venkman in “The Real Ghostbusters” and Tummi the Gummi Bear in “The Gummi Bears”.

Tennhippie said

[QUOTE]
I’ve lost all respect for the man now that I know he has anything to do with that accursed creation Garfield.

[QUOTE]

Gulp, I hope you don’t mind my Username, it’s an old university nickname, and I knda like it.
Keith
Trembling in Saskatchewan

You want brilliance BEFORE I’ve had my coffee!!!

Darn UBB code

Keith

You want brilliance BEFORE I’ve had my coffee!!!

Crap, I lost a non-monetary bet with a neighbor and my hubby over this subject.

And what was the bet?

Ugly