Heloise thought she was having a heart attack...

Hi, javamaven! Well, I hope you’re right, because I did horribly for the first part of my exam. I plated the dish wrong, the sauce wasn’t thick enough and I added pepper to the vicchysoise. I wasn’t having a good day. My heart thumps just thinking about it.

I haven’t checked the James Beard foundation. I didn’t know about it, but thanks for the info! I’ll definitely look into it.

I have also discovered a truly terrible thing. My palpitations get worse if I drink coffee. This is horrible, as I love coffee. The thought of having to do without…!

Yikes! I’m glad that you’re alright, but please take everyone’s advice and take things a bit easier for a while, ok? In fact, maybe I can help a bit. Plan on doing some relaxing this weekend down at the beach. You and your mom come down my way - we’ll take a nice, leisurely stroll on the Strand, maybe sit in the sand for a while, and I’LL cook! Howzat sound, sweetie? I’ll call you.

Jeg elsker dig, Thomas

Heloise: please check out http://www.jamesbeard.org/scholarships/index.shtml

The deadline for scholarships for this year has already passed, but according to my calculations you’ll be in school for next year’s scholarships. Do check out the entire site, as it is very interesting. The James Beard Foundation also gives awards to chefs & restaurants for excellence and is likened to receiving a culinary Oscar.

My. I hadn’t seen this thread before!
I hope you are doing better now, Heloise.

Perhaps you could switch to herbal tea, maybe the caffeine in the coffee is giving your heart a bit too much of a tumble. Of course, that doesn’t work. The coffee is the only thing keeping you awake! :slight_smile:

Well. I am sure you will make it through the 15 months like a superstar. Soon enough, you will be out and we will all be begging you to cook us sauces, and, souffles, and hostess cupcakes.
It will be grand.

pat

Shayna, I’ve had your cooking. I’ll take any opportunity for your food that I can get! Yum! :slight_smile:

javamaven Thanks! I’ll definitely see what I can do. Finals are over (for now) and I start baking on Monday. Who was the jerk over there, do you remember the name? Just in case…

pricciar Thank you, I appreciate the sentiment. Hostess cupcakes? I thought you had to buy those! :smiley: