I remember reading a Cecil article debunking the “5-second rule” (food touching the floor being edible if picked up within a few seconds), but I can’t find it no matter what search terms I use. I’m sure I’m just being an idiot, but anyone have a quick link to it? My ability to mock a co-worker depends on it.
I couldn’t find Cecil’s article, but Snopes dealt with the five-second rule.
[QUOTE=pinkfreud]
I couldn’t find Cecil’s article, but Snopes dealt with the five-second rule.
[/QUOTE]
Hmmm… perhaps I got the two confused… thanks for the help! (Shame that the cite is a high school girl’s science project, but oh, well…)
[QUOTE=filmyak]
(Shame that the cite is a high school girl’s science project, but oh, well…)
[/QUOTE]
Why? If the methodology is OK, what does it matter?
According to the articles i’ve read on the subject (example), the experiment was done in a university laboratory under the guidance of a doctoral candidate.