HELP! I need a new game!

NERTZ!!

It’s like competitive solitaire. Great fun.

Magic: The Gathering
Legend of the Five Rings
Illuminati
Axis & Allies
Spades
Euchre

Scattegories
Outburst
Life
Tribond
Trivial Pursuit
Jenga
Pass The Pigs
Mind Trap
Parcheesi

Pass The Pigs! Great suggestion – that or Tip The Cows

Hey Kelli-
Why not play Hide-the-salami?

Or will you only play that one with me?

Pictionary. It is where you draw a picture that you pulled and your parter has to guess it. Lot’s of fun.

Nertz and Mao?

Oh my god, you people must know my friends!

I second Kahuna, but it’s only for 2 players. I think it’s more tactical than Settlers.

Apples to Apples can be fun in larger groups.

Best bet: roll down to the local hobby / game shop, browse through the 50 or so games they have available, and ask the sales person for recommendations.

I’ve got the game for you.

Fans of Terry Pratchett will be acquainted with the card game Cripple Mr. Onion.

For rules go to: http://jump.to/cmo

The biggest challenge is finding a deck with 8 suites.

Frankie…sigh

If only I had you to play with…

WIZARD!!!

Thanks JayLa!

That game is awesome!

You’ve played out Settlers of Katan? How long does that take?

It’s a bit difficult to find these days, but if you can find the original Illuminati card game that our halucinogenic canine friend suggested, it can lead to a spectacularly goofy evening. Rules are a bit complicated, but worth it.

I reallize you may be avioding card games, but Illuminati avoids almost everything I found so irritating about Magic. And it works just as well without “decks,” which is a big plus to someone as lazy as I am.

Make sure you get the original one, though. The new version lacks both the complexity, and more importantly, the wit, of the original one.

I mean really, how many many times in your life will you get the opertunity to say “Manuel Noriega is controlled by the Ninjas, who are controlled by Vatican City, which is controlled by the Servants of Cthulu.” Let alone the chance to have an atomic monster destroy France.

Though having the Ninjas be less powerful than the Brotherhood of the Rosy Cross (can’t spell short name) shows lax reasearch, if nothing else.

“Canada attacks Japan to destroy, and is aided by MI-6, Ronald Regan, the Robot Sea Monsters, Network Television, and the Nuclear Power Companies”

Kelli…
Make up a game that involves you jumping on the one you love.

Call it…" like you and I’m gonna jump on you." You get all the points.
There’s nothing like the direct approach.

oops…Call it I like you…

Balderdash is the board-game version of Fictionary. We think it’s fantastic. They also make “Beyond Balderdash” which has more options. Also tons of fun.

My sister gave us “Sequence” for xmas, it’s actually pretty good, too.