Help identify a childrens book Please

Very vague here really.
I remember a really cool book that was read to me by my fifth grade teacher.
It was something about children being locked in a museum for a while and sleeping in the displays and getting change from the fountain and bathing in the bathrooms.
I’m not sure if this has something to do with another book I remember about a bird. A Hyacinth McCaw.
Might be the same book or different ones, but for some reason it/they popped into my head the other day and I thought about finding them to read to my children.

That’s From the mixed-up files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
I’ve not read it in a long time, so I don’t know if there’s a bird in it or not -although the Hyacinty McCaw sounds familiar, so I’ve read that somewhere. Just not sure if it’s in this book.

This page lists a book titled Have you seen Hyacinth McCaw?, but I don’t know if it’s the right one.

The Mixed Up Files… is a Newberry award winner. You can find it nearly anyplace. And its nearly as charming at 37 as it was when I was 9.

Baloney!

I loved From the Mixed-Up Files… as a kid. I desperately wanted to hide out in a museum like they did. You should definitely get it for your own kids.

If you’re looking for other classic kids’ stuff, Harriet the Spy is great, too. I love Harriet. She’s so prickly yet so sympathetic.