Help me choose a comp for VR

So I finally got my Oculus Rift (Yay) but I’m struggling to choose a decent computer to handle it, I don’t want to buy a mediocre PC when I could save for a more decent PC later on.

Here’s two I’ve had my eye on, this one is for £799 here are it’s specs;

Thermaltake Versa G2: 2x Front USB 3.0 & Audio
ThermalTake TR2 S 500W 80+ PSU
ASUS H110M-PLUS: 2x USB3.1, 2x USB3.0 & 2x USB2.0
Intel i5 6400 Quad Core 3.3GHz Turbo
Standard Intel CPU Cooling Fan
8GB (1x8GB) Samsung 2133MHz DDR4
Seagate 1TB SSHD Solid State Hybrid Drive
Samsung DVD/CD Writer
Palit GTX 1060 6GB DUAL
Built-in audio
Built-in GB LAN
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

And here is the other one for £1995, here are it’s specs;

Case
SHARKOON VG4-W GAMING CASE (Green LED)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3 ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)
32GB HyperX SAVAGE DDR4 3000MHz (4 x 8GB Kit)
Graphics Card
12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX TITAN X - DVI, HDMI, 3x DP - (Special!!)
1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON UV400 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (550MB/R, 350MB/W)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET (£119)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler (£29)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£89)

I know only the basics in computing, and this is a perfect case of information overload, so I can’t really make my mind up, but as a benchmark what I want from the PC is it should be able to run Grand Theft Auto 5 in Oculus without any hiccups, help me guys! Thanks.

Congrats on the purchase! For VR the most important computer part is the graphics card. I use a pc that was decent four years ago and upgraded the graphics card to a used 970 and it runs fine. I really want to upgrade the card again though so I can turn up the quality in apps and games more.

As long as you get atleast an i5 for CPU and a SSD hard drive you should be fine for the base computer parts.

Does any of the options you are looking at include a 1080 graphics card? It’s the most high end consumer card right now and it blows the older generations away. The 1060 is from the new generation and is fine for VR. The GTX Titan X is the monster card of the last generation but as I said, the new generation is much faster - a 1070 is faster than the Titan X.

Of the two options you have I would choose the one for £799

That’s a pretty big gap between your two systems.

The video card is the most important element by a wide margin, but you don’t have to go nuts. A 1060 will be acceptable for VR, but I’d recommend a 1070 or better for longevity. However, a TITAN X is overkill–you’d be better off buying a midrange card now and using the savings to buy another one in the future when the current one runs out of steam.

Are the systems customizable at all? I’d go with the first, bump the RAM to 16 GB and the GPU to a 1070. Should stay under a kiloquid.

Thanks man, yeah the systems are customisable, these are the specs before any modifications the customer makes first.