Help me figure out this cheese fondue recipe

I had the BEST cheese fondue a few years ago at a Melting Pot restaurant, but they will only tell me ingredients, not amounts, so I turn to you, fellow dopers for help - here are the ingredients -

[ul]
[li]White Wine[/li][li]Garlic[/li][li]Gruyere Cheese[/li][li]Immenthaler Cheese[/li][li]Parmesan Cheese[/li][li]Romao Cheese[/li][li]Basil Pesto Mayo[/li][li]Marinara Sauce[/li][/ul]

Please help me out!! We are fondue-ing tomorrow night, so offer your suggestions!

I don’t have an exact recipe but one of the fondue recipes I use would basically use the following:

An even mix of the following cheeses to = one cup

Swiss, Gruyere, Romano

A clove or two of garlic. Rub one along the inside of the fondue pot dice that one and the other (if you use it) and throw in with the cheese.

1/4 a cup of heavy whipping cream
1/4 - 1/2 a cup of white wine. You want something on the sweeter end and only medium dry.

Put it all in the fondue pot and melt it, stirring occassionally to get an even consistency.

Does that give you an idea?

I would use the above rule and trade out the cream for the marinara sauce (probably just tomato sauce with some basil) and the basil pesto mayo.

Basil pesto mayo:

Blend together several cloves of garlic, parmesan, and pine nuts in roughly equal proportions, enough basil to turn it dark green, and just enough olive oil for it to form a paste.

Mix it liberally with mayonaise (the real stuff… not Miracle Whip) and there you go.

In the above I would probably use a lot less parmesan and more gruyere and romano cheese. I am not familiar with Immenthaler cheese so I would mix that in for taste until I was better acquainted with it.

Taking a stab at it if I were making it:

1 cup wine
1 clove garlic
4 ounces Gruyere
4 ounces Immenthaler
1 to 2 ounces Parmesan
1 to 2 ounces Romano
Maybe 1/4 cup each of Pesto and Marinara.

Smash garlic, rub inside of fondue pot, then mince finely and put with wine in pan. Heat wine to boiling, add the cheese and lower the heat, some salt and pepper, and a bit of flour to thicken it if you need it.
Taste it and adjust the cheese as you like. Put it in the fondue pot and swirl in the Pesto and Marinara.

Whoops. I would also likely use less wine and more marinera. More tomatoes are always good. MMM MMM

Oh, didn’t see Turbo’s response.

I am not real sure how strong the Pesto Mayo would be but generally Pesto is very strong and overpowering to a dish. A tablespoon is typically enough for Pasta with Pesto for 6-8. Using that as a base, I would use maybe a few spoonfulls assuming it is in the mayo too.

http://www.indymeltingpot.com/menu.htm

If you go down to the bottom of the page, they list their ingredients. I just ate at a Melting Pot this past weekend, and all I can remember is that they used 80% cheddar and 20% swiss in a beer base. Hope this helps!

Whaoo this is weird!! Romano, marinara sauce?? what do you do with the sauce, the mayo and all that??!
Never heard of that!
The “normal” cheese fondue we made (when living at home, in France), would be :
One clove of garlic to rub the pot with , then you would fill it maybe 3/4 of the way with dry white wine, and you would heat it up and little by little add three different kind of cheeses : emmenthal, gruyere, and sometimes Beaufort (or Comte) (in the US I only use the two first).
Then you have to put a little Kirsh in it!!
Some pepper, and you’re good to go!

If you go down to the bottom of the page, they list their ingredients. I just ate at a Melting Pot this past weekend, and all I can remember is that they used 80% cheddar and 20% swiss in a beer base. Hope this helps!

The marinara sauce and the pesto are served on the side. Cook your seafood in the fondue, dip result in sauce/pesto to taste.

This is the perfect, classic recipe with a minor quibble: lose the Beaufort/Comte cheese and use Jarlsberg instead. Proportions should be 1/2 Gruyere, 1/2 Emmenthal AND Jarlsberg combined.

And at the end, with the pepper, add a grating or two of nutmeg.

Fenris