Help me identify this movie (and what happens in it)

This was a movie that young Yog Sosoth, having lived untold vigintillions of years but yet still a child, saw on network TV in the late 80’s or early 90’s. Unfortunately, there will be no “ah ha!” moment here, because even if you guess correctly from the scene I will describe below, I still have no idea what the movie was; there’s no lingering memory awaiting recall, there’s just the one scene, so I need your help!

The scene I remember had some woman in bed, tied up with duct tape. A nurse or someone, a crazy lady with wild hair tied her up for some reason. A black guy, possibly an orderly, comes into the room, surprised at what he saw, and yells at the crazy nurse as he tries to undo the duct tape. The nurse, panicking, grabs a pair of scissors and stabs the guy in the back. He dies or collapses, and the woman in the duct bed sighs as her potential rescuer is killed

I haven’t been able to get this movie out of my head for the past 20 something years. The memory resurfaces every once in a while and it really really bugs me that I don’t know what happened to the woman in the bed, or the crazy nurse, or why she was tied up in the first place. I need closure! Help!

Coma?

Sounds a little like the movie I saw the end of on Elvira’s Movie Macabre during my lunch break on Sunday morning. Don’t Look in the Basement. Also, evidently titled The Forgotten.

ETA: I didn’t see the scene you describe, but it does have a crazy nurse, and a big black guy as an orderly.

I’m going just by the pictures, but I don’t think it was either Coma or the Forgotten. I didn’t get the impression that it was a horror movie. The nurse didn’t feel like she was actually crazy, but desperate, like she tied up the woman for some selfish reason and when it was discovered, she simply panicked cause the black guy was going to call the cops or something. He didn’t feel she was a threat, since he turned back to her and started undoing the tape instead of restraining the nurse