Help me make Spencer’s Halloween costume (Albert Einstein) super-cool

My little guy has some wild and crazy curly blonde hair. It’s super-fine and frizzes out at the first touch of a brush. Most people assume he’s a girl when they first see him, unless he’s wearing a football T-shirt. Since my husband ix-nayed the idea of just dressing him as a girl for Halloween, we’re going to go with Albert Einstein.

I’ve got white hair spray to perfect the fuzzy head, and I’m going to use some eye shadow samples to draw on the mustache and eyebrows. (I would use the stick-on kind or some crepe wool, but I’m not so sure he’d leave it alone.) Other than that, and dressing him in a sweater over a button-down shirt, I’m not sure what to do! I had thought about getting one of those battery-powered stick-anywhere lamps shaped like a light bulb, but that was Thomas Edison, not Einstein. D’oh!

I don’t want to have to go so far as to have “e=mc[sup]2[/sup]” on an index card taped to his shirt for people to get it, but I also don’t want to have to explain it at every house. Any suggestions?

How about other Einstein quotes.
God does not play dice with the universe.

Gravity can not be held responsible for people falling in love.

Were are my shoes?

Seriously, though, if you want Joe Q. Public to “get” that he’s supposed to be Einstein, you just about have to tape a card saying “e=mc2” to him, and even then, don’t expect over half the people holding out the candy buckets to get it.

Or how about a t-shirt with a graphic of Einstein himself? That would make it crystal clear. Put “MENTORED BY” under it.

Would he tolerate glasses? You could have him carry an old brown book, with e=mc2 on the cover (like, tape a piece of paper to it or something).

Seems like a brown suit jacket and a little potbelly might help.

If you could find this shirt it would be perfect. Also a pipe would be a good prop.

Einstein rarely wore socks. Seriously. Einstein in no-sock shock | New Scientist

And he was an amateur violinist.

sigh I know.

If my husband would just let me make him a girl, it would be a lot easier. And funnier, too.

“Hmmm … cute little girl. Is she wearing a costume?”

“Yes, he sure is.”

:smiley:

Or I might just scrap it all together and go with my first instinct, which was cowboy. Too bad he grew out of his boots so fast!