[QUOTE=OpalCat]
To that end, I’m going to add another. This one is a photograph, which I am also entering into the show. And yes, it’s my son again:
Photo Needs A Name
[/QUOTE]
Illumination
[QUOTE=OpalCat]
To that end, I’m going to add another. This one is a photograph, which I am also entering into the show. And yes, it’s my son again:
Photo Needs A Name
[/QUOTE]
Illumination
I think knowing that the pictures are of the artist’s son would be useful to the viewer. So perhaps:
Son Set
Son Rise
Son Shine
Son Light
I don’t know, may be too “punny”…
The black and white photo made me think of how my children look when they are exhausted and just fall asleep after a long day at school followed by sport or music practice. So, perhaps, After School?
Which ever way the Wind Blows, or Which way does the wind blow…he is pointing, after all.
Forbidden Light
[QUOTE=OpalCat]
I really love getting all of these suggestions. It is helpful, plus it is very interesting to see what other people get out of a picture.
To that end, I’m going to add another. This one is a photograph, which I am also entering into the show. And yes, it’s my son again:
Photo Needs A Name
Btw, I just got home from having all of these framed.. they look so spiffy framed!
[/QUOTE]
That looks like the definition of ‘reverie’ to me.
Lost In A Book
[QUOTE=Quiddity Glomfuster]
That looks like the definition of ‘reverie’ to me.
[/QUOTE]
I like this… perhaps “Afternoon Reverie”
What do you think of this for the candle pic: “The Search for Enlightenment”?
I can’t quite come up with names that capture this, but I’m intrigued by his relationship to the light in the two paintings: in the first, he’s surrounded by it, and in the second, he has it contained. Perhaps someone can come up with a wonderful way of expressing this. Very cool paintings.
For the photograph, I was going to suggest “Afternoon.” You’ve captured my favorite afternoon activity in that photograph. Love it.
That moment, and capturing it, were a total fluke. I had been outside taking pictures of anything that looked interesting, trying to fill up rolls of film for my photography class. I came inside and he was curled up reading, and I just snapped that one photo, on a whim. I didn’t think it would come out because it was so backlit. It was, by far, the best photo I took that day.
Evening discovery.
Night in the city.
You must have seen it too!
Every child should have the memory of at least one long-after-bedtime walk.
Tiger tiger burning bright.
Throwing light upon the subject.
Come forward in the lantern light.
All is still and calm.
Lost in a book.
Hidden afternoon.
In the arms of the chair.
To rest, absorbed.
And there I sit, reading old things, of knights and lorn damsels, while the wind sings.
In a chair well known.
“Daddy’s home”
“Imagination”
In the photograph, do you know what book he was reading? The book title might make an interesting photo title, say “The Three Musketeers” or something. Because it was such a random picture (not posed), the important thing is the book… your son was so absorbed in it, and everything else just happened to join together around it to make it a good picture.
I don’t really know about the two paintings, though they are really really good.
[QUOTE=OpalCat]
I like this… perhaps “Afternoon Reverie”
[/QUOTE]
I like that a lot
[QUOTE=OpalCat]
What do you think of this for the candle pic: “The Search for Enlightenment”?
[/QUOTE]
A bit much. How’s about ‘The Search’? Or maybe ‘The Searcher’?
“The Search for Enlightenment in the Face of the American Education System” heh
For the photo: “Off on another Journey”
A Child’s Parting and Within the Flame
The reading photo says Sunday afternoon to me.
Cold Night In Hell
Glow-boy
I am having a hard time with the first painting - I really like it, but it’s discombobulating me to picture such a cold day with such hot colours. If that’s the effect you were going for, very good job. (I actually love the first painting, but I would never buy a print because it has a human in it. I can’t stand humans in my art.)