Help me plan a Game of Thrones dinner!

Yeah, I’m a dork.

My husband and I are totally psyched about the premiere coming up, and I wanted to plan a Westeros-style feast for that evening. I’m thinking the main dish will be a smoked leg of goat basted in butter and garlic, and we can probably mock up some “fiery Dornish peppers” to go with it, and I can definitely pull off lemon cakes. Any other suggestions?

Turkey, pumpkins, corn (corn!) and buffalo meat.

You need some hot broth aka Weasel Soup.

some suggestions: http://innatthecrossroads.wordpress.com/

I’m definitely interested in this thread - we’re having people over for the premiere and we’re hosting dinner. What are you doing for the lemon cake? There is actually a Game of Thrones food truck roaming around NYC - they are doing trout as a main dish.

Someone on another board compiled this paragraph by searching the books for every occasion of “eat,” “ate,” and “feast.” So here are your menu options :slight_smile:

The meat/mead combo seems pretty popular. Seems like they eat horse more than anything, granted it is usually out of desperation.

Upon review, the first feast at Winterfell to welcome King Robert included honeyed chicken, roasted onions and summerwine.

Good Lord. No wonder Robert was fat.

Have you seen the Game Of Thrones Food Truck, with Tom Colicchio, no less? You can look at the menus online.

Why not just poison everyone and then back-stab the survivors? It’d be less work and actually be more authentic. :wink:

:smiley:

Wow, that’s all kinds of awesome.

Boar. Apple in its mouth, skin seared crisp. Eat the bastard. Don’t care if you choke on him.

I was gonna say, you’d have to have at least one casualty for it to be authentic.

I’m on my phone, so it’s a pain to get the link, but the food truck serves lemon cakes and released the recipe.

If you have any specific requests, we can bump them up our list a bit. We are planning to cook/bake our way through the monster list (approx. 160 recipes…yikes), so if you have a hankering for a particular recipe, we could snatch one for you.

And if anyone has any ideas for great premiere party food, let us know, and we’ll see what we can turn out!

-The Innkeepers

I love you.

Please do the roast swan stuffed with mushrooms and oysters
and what does GRRM mean with “sweetgrass”? some kind of grain?

Tell everybody when the dinner is held and to RSVP, but then, a couple of weeks before the event, call everyone and tell them that the dinner is so awesome, you are going to have two on consecutive nights. After a couple of days, call everybody and tell them that the dinner is delayed for a month or so. After a month, do it again.

How are you going to pull off the peacock?

Haha! We actually have a short section on the site about the foods we won’t/cant cook, and sadly, that does include the peacock and the swan. Some of these are listed because of legality issues, while for some, it just seems plain wrong…

Fortunately, I just happen to have a papier mache swan from a previous party that could be easily slipped over some other sort of roast fowl. :slight_smile:

@Snarky_Kong- Back atcha!

@Survivingkitten- We did skewered goat the other night (DELICIOUS! Who knew?), and used lemongrass in place of sweetgrass.

Also, if you need any Mead recommendations, I’m all over that. :slight_smile: