Hey Topaz, stop cracking your knuckles.

You’re welcome. :wink:

quote:

Originally posted by Topaz
Help Me Stop Cracking My Knuckles

Hey Topaz, stop cracking your knuckles.

You’re welcome.

Absolutely HI-Larious :rolleyes: :smiley: :smiley:

Cracking knuckles and other joints are one of life’s simple pleasures. For a period I too was able to crack my jaw. There was a thread about jaw popping in GQ and I decided that jaw popping did feel good, and I hadn’t experienced any pain, but decided not to risk it. My jaw won’t pop anymore.

After popping my knuckles my fingers feel more … limber, I guess. Has anyone managed to quit cracking their knuckles? Once you stop will the knuckles not crack as easily? I know that if I don’t pop my knuckles as soon as they “need” it then the pop will be louder the longer I wait. Is this true for anyone else?

Re. cracking the “little guy,” Cecil says it’s, um, bad (guys, read at your own risk):

Is it true men can suffer penile fracture?

By the way, I think that’s one of Cecil’s funniest columns, the topic being ripe for smart-assed comments.

Sorry for the hijack.

Sorry, that’s bull. Funny the myths that crop up, though: my dad (in a pissy mood) told me a few weeks ago that every time I crack a joint, I was increasing my risk for a stroke. He’s wrong, as he always is when he attempts to pass off a single paragraph he read quickly out of the corner of his eye as medical fact. (He also comes from a family of hypochondriacs.) It may be true, though, that cracking the neck wrong can pinch things and lead to stroke.

Well…

I don’t think cracking your jaw is good for you, as it means your jaw is slipping out of alignment and being dislocated. This happens to a friend of mine (unintentionally, she never cracks her jaw) and is quite painful for her. A doctor advised her not to yawn. :smack:

Since we’re having a contest, :wink: I crack my toes, ankles, fingers, back, and neck, and my elbows, knees and wrists occasionally.

How on Earth - not that I really want to know - would you crack your wang? There aren’t any joints or bones or anything…

I crack my back, it hurts if I don’t at least once a week or so. I crack my right thumb, index and middle fingers once every few hours or so because it feels good, and makes a nice loud pop. As for its causing arthritis, I highly doubt it. Arthritis is an autoimmune disease, and would probably happen even if you never popped a joint in your life. I suppose I can act as a test case, since in theory I would only get it in the knuckles of my right hand, I never crack the ones in my left.