Help me wake up please.

It was a late night last night, I didn’t get home from grocery shopping until after midnight. All of this was mainly due to a failed attempt to collect a baby cot my parents had purchased for us which ended up being held at a store interstate (god I love Target).

Now I am at work and my brain is going blank and keeps snoozing off on me. I would blame it on the late night but to be honest the work is rather boring.

So I need something to keep me awake whilst I work, I’ve tried caffine (4 cans of Pepsi Max and counting), music (radio’s busted). What other things can I do?

Help please before this keyboard becomes my pillow…

Fast paced music and low tempetatures always seem to help me.

Okay air-conditioner has been turned down. See how that goes, thanks clayton_e.

Whenever you find yourself on the path to Nod, try this little trick I learned in college. Using your thumb and forefinger, gently reach into the nostril of your choice and pluck out a few nosehairs. It may bring a tear to your eye, but you will be alert! Also, the smell of peppermint is supposed to be invigorating. Try brushing your teeth or snorting an Altoid.

Go for a 5 minute brisk walk, even if it’s only to the photocopier and back, that always helps me.

Just remember, it’s Friday afternoon. It’s respectable to go home at least a little early…

Rhubarb - can I just say Ouch!

Robin - it would be okay to go home early if I hadn’t done so already on Wednesday and started late yesterday. But the boss has left now so it should be okay to stuff around a little.

WAKE UP! HEY! WAKE UP!

Chupa chups. They wake you up. I currently have 48… make that 47 chupa chups on my desk at work.

**Leechbabe[/],
The nosehair thing was meant to be funny, but it really, truly works. Hurts, too. The peppermint thing is also serious. If you can get your hands on anything with a peppermint scent, a couple of good sniffs will help pep you up. Weird, but true.

No chupa chups and no peppermint stuff in the offfice today :frowning: But I have found the hidden stash of chocolate biscuits so I might just munch into those and get a sugar rush happening.