bought a tree on sunday. blue spruce. i understand spruce trees tend to lose needles faster than firs…
i believe the nursery cut the tree fresh, and the tree was put in water within 30 minutes of getting cut, so i don’t think it’s an issue of the tree stump being unable to draw up water
so, basically the tree doesn’t take up the water and the limbs are looking a bit more dry than when we first bought them. however, i spilt some water on the tree stand (there’s a lip where it collects) and it hasn’t evaporated much, either - so maybe the room is humid enough where there won’t be much evaporation?
do I need to worry? is there anything i can do to make it suck up some water?