Greetings! Since I have had such amazing luck polling the TMs in the past for travel planning, I’m back to solicit ideas for our (that’s going to be Mr Kitty and I) first post-pandemic-lockdown trip this fall. Here are the basic guidelines:
- Trip is booked for the beginning of September;
- We are starting in San Diego and will end up in San Francisco;
- We will have five and a half days/five nights to tool around SD and get from there to SF, then four days/five nights in SF;
- We are not beachy people, but we are foresty/hiking/history/animal people;
- We are ‘meh’ at the thought of LA (though intrigues by the tar pits), will not need to do theme parks, and can take or leave wineries;
- We WILL have to do All The Zoos/Aquariums, and definitely want to do Carmel-by-the-Sea.
Any points of interest (Muir Woods is on the definite list), driving paths, must-do food spots (we will be hitting up Nepenthe), highly recommended places to stay, and areas to completely avoid would be very appreciated!