Help with brass duck darts

Help me identify this sport/game please!

1999, or so, on ESPN2, I recall watching at least a half-hour of German looking guys swinging a brass duck that was hanging from the ceiling and holding a small dart in its beak at a dart board. They were in a pub and the commentator was going on about how difficult it was to get the release just right and all around acted as if this was a serious event.

Anyone know what the heck I was watching? I don’t think it was a joke, it went on for far too long.

Thanks
<mods, if wrong forum, please move. TIA>

I have no idea what it was, but I remember seeing something in a hole in the wall bar a few years ago that involved swinging something at the wall that was hung from the ceiling, so it’s probably not a joke, just an obscure bar game.

Thank you Joey P, I was starting to think someone had slipped something in my drink (Darkhorse in Boulder, so it’s a possibility)
I get funny looks every time I try to find this game.

Unable to find any reference to the described dart game innovation.
However the setup is almost impossible to win, hit the bullseye, or maybe even the target.

The tendency of the duck is to rotate as well as travel in a narrow elleptical path thus making it difficult to control the launch.

You can demonstrate by setting up a framework over a plate of fine sand, suspend a plumb bob with the point touching the sand so as to make a trail when it swings. Try to hit a marble on the far side of the dish when you release the bob from the other side. Not even a Physicist can win consistently!

Unable to find any reference to the described dart game innovation.
However the setup is almost impossible to win, hit the bullseye, or maybe even the target.

The tendency of the duck is to rotate as well as travel in a narrow elleptical path thus making it difficult to control the launch.

You can demonstrate by setting up a framework over a plate of fine sand, suspend a plumb bob with the point touching the sand so as to make a trail when it swings. Try to hit a marble on the far side of the dish when you release the bob from the other side. Not even a Physicist can win consistently!

As a dart game it must be obscure and/or rare as Joey P says.

I once encountered a bar game played in a British pub (somewhere). A stuffed deer head was on the far wall. On it hung a brass ring. The ring was attached to the ceiling by a string.

Obviously, the ring fit on the antler. You mission, to stand in front of the deer and make the ring fly onto the antler.

(The trick of course was to throw the ring in a huge arc all the way around the room, keeping the string taught through the entire route. Or something. I was drunk at the time.)

Indeed, and this is what made it so interesting to watch. At first glance it looked simple, but apparently the it’s all in the grip and release.
Also - this was 7 or so years ago so I may have left out some vital bit of info.

You seem to somehow be under the impression that physicists have unusually good coordination. Would you care to share how you came to this conclusion?

A physicist would have a better understanding of how the system works.
Knowing how is one thing.
Doing or winning is this case is another!