Help with my resume, por favor

Guin,

The trick with a liberal arts degree is not the resume, its the networking.

Temp in offices. Join the Rotary Club or the Jaycees. Volunteer somewhere. Call your college and talk to their alumni association about finding you a career mentor. Make sure all your relatives know you are looking.

When I temped, I often got job offers - they were often for secretarial type work, but evenutally I took a good one, and six months later was in IT. Six years of IT work and I was a consultant. Two years of consulting and I was a manager. Now people act shocked when I say I used to be a secretary.

My current job I got because I knew the guy who was leaving it. He was well liked and recommended me in.

At the point where someone is asking you to apply for a job, it doesn’t matter what your resume says (ok, I’m lying, you need a good resume to be able to hand them with “sure, I’d love to interview for this job,” but it stops needing to be able to catch attention.). I’m not sure how many jobs I’ve had that they ever accepted resumes for - most I’ve “fallen into” without them having ever been “open.”