Her majesty's 50th anniversary jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace

I was glad to see that they isolated Elton John from the riff-raff. He played alone, in the royal music room, while Osbourne, McCartney, Clapton, Cocker, and the others played outside.

Dammit. :smack:

I think he’s on tour and couldn’t make it that day. So they taped the performance inside on some other day and showed it on big screens.

Her Majesty’s a pretty nice girl, but she doesn’t have a lot to say. Her Majesty’s a pretty nice girl, but she changes from day to day. I wanna tell her that I lover her a lot, but I gotta get a belly fulla wine…

Her Majesty’s a pretty nice girl; someday I’m gonna make her mine (oh yeah! Someday I’m gonna maker mine.)

Now in feudal England was the King/Queen not considered divine in some way?

So does this mean that the divine Queen made allowance and let Elton John pre-record…

So is Elton John…God?

Not divine-yes, they believed in the natural right of Kings, but no, the King was never considered divine-you might be in thinking of Russia-even with the last of the Romanovs, the Tsar was considered to be a living saint.

The Queen might not be divine, but Divine was certainly a queen!

To Guinastasia: not really. They did make Nicholas II a saint, but only recently (in 1999 IIRC), on the basis of his martyrlike death. He and his whole family were executed (or slain - what’s the difference, anyway?) by the bolsheviks in 1918 for no other reason than being a former tzar. Technically speaking, he was not tzar anymore at the time of his death, since he signed his official resignation earlier.

I personally think that the whole beautification was a stupid idea. IMHO, he was absolutely unfit to govern, and it was partially his fault that the revolution happened in the 1st place.

Anyways, in Russian monarchy, the whole idea of divine right was present, but never overplayed. It never came to the point of treating a monarch like a living saint or something. Throughout the history, various tzars made it pretty damn obvious that they were just human. :slight_smile:

Um, end thread hijack.

Was he that ugly?

It didn’t matter much where he played - it was hard enough to see any of the stages. Fierra and I gave up trying, went out for Greek over by Goodge Street, and then returned for the fireworks.