Here comes the next phony John Kerry "outrage."

I don’t know why the right is still so fixated on someone who isn’t running for anything but the latest nascent excuse for them to fake righteous indignation is that Kerry accurately described the US as an “international pariah”.

Fox News has already cranked up the bullshit machine. I saw John Kasich having an anyeurism about it a little earlier tonight (with the word “Pariah” hilariously misspelled as “pirah” underneath him). The more I watched him, the more I got the feeling that he had no idea what the word “pariah” actually means. I’m expecting that to be a trend for a couple of days among apopleptic righties, at least until another fake outrage comes along to distract them.

Anyway, just as a preemptory strike, America IS an international pariah so anyone who has a problem with Kerry saying that can jump up my ass.

(Seriously, what is it with their hard-on for Kerry?)

Why do you hate America?

Oh yeah? What about Clinton? Where was the outrage then?

Fox News: Fair, balanced, and pariahtastic.

Well, they only dumped blood on him at the prom as a joke, but then he went all “witch mountain” on them and torched the place.

In all fairness, your source hilariously misspelled “send” as “set”. Either that, or it misspelled “precendent” as “message”.

Fucking communists.

How on Earth does this work?

“There are terrorists plotting to kill you RIGHT NOW! Muslims across the world are formenting schemes to kill us and take away our lovely freedom!”

• “…America is an international pariah…”
    “What? Madness! Everyone loves us! We’re the toast of the world! When Americans go abroad, foreign people throw rose petals for us to walk on!”

Can’t let them Swiftboaters get rusty. Pretty soon there’ll be Dem front runner, and it’d be a shame if they were out of practice.

It’s the pinata theory of demonization: Create a caricature of your opponent. Hang it up, hand out a bunch of fact-distortion sticks, and egg on the credulous masses to whack away. This will guarantee that whatever your opponent has to say will be drowned out by the thwacking, and that the thwackers will be too busy to see what you’re really up to.

This is just another case of reality having a liberal bias. It’s so unfair!

What pisses me off and makes me a bit sad for the intellectual abilities of the right is that so very, very often, these smears are based on an intentional misstatement or misunderstanding of the point of contention.

They are almost never an outrage over the honestly held point of view of the Democrat or liberal who is the soup du jour.

Stupid fuckers.

I don’t see how walking away from Kyoto is the source of our problems in the Middle East, and we’ve spent more money and done more for Aids in Africa then any other country in the world (and if we didn’t I don’t see how that would have anything to do with the crises in the Middle East.)

So yeah, Kerry’s a dumbass.

Your reading comprehension really, really sucks, doesn’t it?

Dio, what the hell are you doing watching FoxNews on a Saturday night? :wink:

I like this part: “when we are irresponsibly slow in moving toward AIDS in Africa”. Were we supposed to move towards AIDS faster?

He didn’t say those things were the source of our troubles in the Middle east, he said they were two of the things that made us international pariahs.

They should make you doubt the intellectual interity of the right, not their intellectual abilities. The people expressing outrage know full well that they are intentional mistatements, they just don’t care, and as a strategy it seems to work pretty effectively.

I think Democrats should just walk away from Kerry and wash their hands of him, saying no more than “good riddance”. He seems to be his own worst enemy.

“Is the man deranged? And where the hell is he? In the old days if an agent did something that embarrassing he’d have a good sense to defect. Christ, I miss the Cold War.”

'Cause it’s easy and often fun, or at least less embarassing than trying to defend her against credible claims of being hijacked by self-proclaimed “Conservative” religious extremists.

Stranger

Untrue. He said (and I quote your quote)

“When we walk away from global warming, Kyoto, when we are irresponsibly slow in moving toward AIDS in Africa, when we don’t advance and live up to our own rhetoric and standards, we set a terrible message of duplicity and hypocrisy. So we have a crisis of confidence in the Middle East…”

Kyoto and aids set up duplicity and hypocrisy "SO: we have a crisis in the Middle East.
Then he says,

“I’ve never seen our country as isolated, as much as a sort of international pariah for a number of reasons as it is today.”

Totally new senctence here. We are a “pariah” for a “number of reasons.”

So, to summarize the quote you’ve quoted:

Kyoto and AIDs set up duplicity and hypocrisy so we have a crisis in the Middle East AND we are a pariah for a number of reasons.

Sheesh, buddy. Read your quote. I do agree with you that getting off on John Kerry’s stupidity is kind of stupid, but he said what he said and it was pretty asinine.

It’s a tough time to be Conservative or to have Republican leanings. You shouldn’t begrudge us the little happiness we can still derive from John Kerry’s stupidity.

You better think twice about taking that away from us or we’ll have to fall back on Lewinsky. :wink: