Heroes S4- “Redemption” (Five Years Gone yet?)

(Bolding mine)That boy never gave himself enough credit- smart, educated, multilingual, cute, nice, compassionate, killer smile, ethical some of the time, AND has the un-abilitied ability to beat goons like Flint into a coma with only mild softening up via microscope. But he’s so insecure (thanks, Dad), he gravitates to those company types (Thompson, Noah, Bob, Arthur) who flatter him then use him like a rented 4x4 on a camping trip. Well, every character needs a big gaping flaw, and that’s his. Otherwise, he’d be so perfect that even I’d want to shove him off a bridge.

Working on his own, he (yay!)isolates the genes that give people abilities, cures the virus (I always wondered if he was deliberately exposed as an infant to get that antibody), and develops a formula to give anyone abilities but (boo!) that bug issue side effect. Like Bob said to him when he got moved into that sweet lab with level 4 security monitoring, “I think supervision is in everybody’s best interest” :smiley:

Not wanting to make this a Heroes v. Lost thread, but Lost got sucked into the same resultant problem. It took them 3-4 seasons to move through 3 months of show-time, and then they had to deal with kid characters who insisted on growing up faster than the show’s internal chronology. Bye Walt. Bye Micha and Molly. If Heroes wants to magic blink themselves out of 2007 or whatever, I’m not such a pedant that I’m going to sweat it. But it would be cool to see Caitlin track down Peter and see if that mostly-everybody-shanti-virus dead 2008 ever materialized because the virus never got out of that vault in Odessa. She can just come yell at him because she lost a year of her life.

Oh right, I just remembered-when Samuel went to bug the old guy for the 14 yr backblast, the title read ‘present day’. So it’s either 2009 or I don’t want to ride that Zipper of theirs until the hydraulics work

Don’t forget funny! When he’s of a mind, Mohinder is one of the few characters on the show with a sense of humour, for all his usually earnest demeanour. And yeah, I think the small print on his degree reads something like “good for all scientific disciplines, Nobel Prize level”

Well, though I think it probably is 2009, it could just as easily mean our gang’s present day of 2007 (or whenever). All will eventually be revealed, I guess.

So is there a SDMB protocol for TV threads- a new thread per ep, or do we just run a season’s worth of one into the dirt?

I think 60+ posts for one episode means there should probably be a new thread for each one.

The forum sticky says this:

(bolding mine)

So I think you have leave to make a new thread each week :slight_smile:

Am I just being paranoid, or does anyone else get the vibe that there’s something not quite right about Claire’s new best friend? Why is she so excited about the death, what with all the forensics books? Is that really just a suicide?

Ya, ok. I have to post 'em up in the morning before work, and they sit there so lonely all day long.

I definitely got the “Single White Female” vibe from her. I’m thinking she did some sort of Jedi Mind Trick to get the annoying one to jump.

That’s fine with me. I subscribe as soon as I see them Monday morning, so I don’t have to go looking for them on Tuesday.

Swell, Matt’s got a little sister? I think Hippie chik dangled the Trajectory Chart out the window and Annie went fetch, completely Pavlovian response :smiley:

BTW, I was thiiis close to making “Don’t let GED become a lifestyle choice” my tagline, but then I saw some beer that needed drinking,and I forgot

I don’t often say this, but may steal this for a sig line?

Go right ahead- I live to corrupt impressionable youth.