He's a peanut. Or nicknames du'jour

Just never call me late for Happy Hour

Meh. I’m Spoons, both in real life, and here. I’ve been Spoons for decades, and I rather like it.

Fork you in real knife! :grin:

Okay, we’ll trust* you, Beck. I’m betting you’re one of those rare people who can abuse people with so much affection that they beg for more…

*As soon as we see a signed affidavit from li’l peanut his own self.

My brother is about a year older than me. When we were little he couldn’t pronounce my
name, it came out SooSoo.

So I got that going for me.

I assure you I am the rug at the door. Everyone walks on me.
But I have been known to bat my eyelashes at an opportune moment.
:grin:

A lot of people have said that, but nobody takes the tine. :wink:

Saw this commercial yesterday, and it reminded me of this thread:

To be honest, I’m not terribly fond of Mikey, and only allow Beck to call me that because she likes it. But it’s no skin off my nose to let her and I need to grow thicker nose skin.

I haven’t had a lot of nicknames in my life, though I did have one boyfriend who called me “Minky,” which was fine. I didn’t have strong feelings about it one way or the other.

One of my usernames has a nickname on another site - much as Beckdawrek gets called “Beck” here.

As a teenager, I wanted a nickname, so decided everyone should call me “Dylan.” Not as in Bob, but as in Thomas. Hey, I was a pretentious dipshit, but at least I had good taste in poets. You’ll be stunned to know, however, that the nickname never caught on.

Hey, Mikey. He likes it.
:grin:

My nose skin was removed as an infant. Wait. What???