Hey, all you smokers and recent ex-smokers...

I’m not sure if someone else has already said this. If it’s been done, please forgive me.

If you check Shayna’s threads about quitting smoking, you’ll find that Wally was a constant. Damn near everyone had a day where they would not smoke for Wally.

I now propose that those who want to quit remember that they are now not smoking for Wally, and those who don’t could take a 24-hour break from the cancer sticks, and not smoke for Wally.

I think he’d like that.

It is the least that I could do. Quitting has been on my mind for a couple of years now. I’ll start with the 24 hour ban, in Wally’s memory. Who is with me?

Nice idea, Drain Bead. I ws one of those ex-smokers for a little while, but fell off the wagon.

The least I could do is go 24-hrs without a smoke for Wally and give it another shot.

Although I didn’t post to the tread for reasons I won’t go into now, I did read it and was inspired by the thread and by his comments. I think it’s a great idea.
meter reads:

Four months, one week, three days, 23 hours, 46 minutes and 49 seconds. 3299 cigarettes not smoked, saving $494.96. Life saved: 1 week, 4 days, 10 hours, 55 minutes.

Thanks Wally
Today I won’t smoke for me,Tomorrow I won’t smoke for Wally! He gets tomorrow becuase there is always a tomorrow, and for him I won’t smoke then.

I was actually thinking the same thing, Drain. I smoked what was supposed to have been my last cigarette six weeks ago, but I’ve been having trouble staying on the wagon lately - sneaking a fag here and there, usually after about six pints of cider. Without Wally’s encouragement I’m not sure I would have done even as well as I have.

This weekend, I will remain 100% smoke free. For Wally.

Almost smoke free for: 5 weeks, 5 days, 20 hours, 52 minutes, 31 seconds
Cigs not smoked: 1220
Money saved: £232.94