Hey! I Can See Your House From Up Here!

A wondeful time was had by all at the Reborn household. My newlywed hubby Tom turned 50 Friday night. Well, actually, it was his birthday all day. But we didn;t see each other until Friday night. Unless you count three in the morning, which is when he left to go to work.

Anyway- I made him his requested birthday dinner. Big juicy swiss-mushroom burgers, with grilled onions, too, and homemade potato salad. And apple crisp for dessert. It wasn’t very crispy though. I had never made it before. I’ll try again another time.

Then he opened his presents. I got him the book he asked for, Willie Nelson’s The Facts of Life and Other Dirty Jokes. And a shirt, and a shot glass that says “Over the Hill - Another Birthday Shot.”

Then he pretty much fell asleep on the couch. We went to bed at 9:30. He was pooped.

More later…

Screaming lady was just lucky the cops didn’t arrest her for PWC*. I hope she learned her lesson.

*Prowling While Catnipped

Super Troopers was funny! It made me laugh and laugh! The best part? I got it fro the library so it didn’t cost me nuthin’. That was the best part.

Tomorrow The Return of the King, Bubba Ho-Tep and Welcome to Mooseport all come out on one day. Lots of renting to do tomorrow.

Gosh, I feel like total slug. All of you people climbing mountains and doing yard work and buying presents and stuff, and I didn’t do a single productive thing this weekend.

Weekend Summary:

Saturday: Woke up, convinced the wife to go to Starbucks for coffee while I read my book. Drank coffee, talked to wife a little bit, read book. Decided that the front porch was getting too hot, moved to hammock in the back yard. Begin reading.

Nap.

Kill bug.

Nap.

Wake up, eat dinner, finish book, start new one.

Sunday: See Saturday.

That was pretty much it.

Learned her lesson? She’s a siamese, they learn nothing except how to sharpen their claws on your new $400 suit! :frowning:

My wife and I have two…However, they are not outdoor cats and one is spayed the other neutered…occasionally, I’ll catch screaming lady in our window sill carousing with our male siamese…

No seriously, the neighbor’s cat is very cute, but when that time of the month comes for her…we don’t sleep…:slight_smile:

I hit the big 5-0 in July. I am so putting one of those on my wish list. I need one of those!

welby though I was all yard worky Saturday morning, I promise that Saturday afternoon and Sunday it was all pretty much, lounge by or in the pool and drink beer. Feel better now?

Rue I’ve been reading Unca Rue stories off and on. Classics all of em!

Vastly. I’m not such a slug after all. Though I must confess the naps were muy nice.

And the being lazy.

Maybe this weekend I’ll try being productive for a little bit first. Then again, maybe not.

When in July swampy? The wife has hers on the 17th. Not the big 5-0. Just the birthday.

This weekend was exhausting. Well, not for me. But I got all exhausted watching Mr. Toes and his friend, Little Bunnion, work on cars. I was so tired from watching them I had to nap with the dog. Then I woke up, looked out the window at them working in the heat and had myself a frosty-cold drink. I turned up the air conditioner and had another nap with the dog.

At some point I got up and put in some laundry. I wasn’t tired anymore so I read a Diane Ackerman book (The Natural History of Love) while the dog napped by herself. She’s just a pup and needs lots of sleep so she can keep us awake at night. At night, the pup needs to pee, RIGHT NOW! That’s pretty much her exercise. That and chewing on dirty socks and panties. Mr. Toes found her stash of dirty socks and underwear under the sofa in the spare bedroom, where Little Bunnion sleeps.

welby the big 5-0 comes on July 29, which makes me exactly 6 months and six days younger than FairyChatMom. That’s just in case she gets to peek in the MMP while in the midst of moving.

Rue since you could see my house and all, did ya happen to be up there when I peed in the yard on an ant bed? That was fun. Fire ants scattered everywhere! Or maybe you were to busy covering Soupo’s and Katcha’s eyes to get a good look.

So why do you think they were placed there by the dog and not Little Bunnion? :confused:

If you lived near me in beautiful southeastern Ohio instead of skanky southwestern Ohio, you could’ve
climbed Mount Pleasant (I don’t know Willy and I don’t know why he’s on top) which isn’t a mountain either but it would make for a pretty wicked Sledding Hill of the Damned.

You wouldn’t be able to see my house, but once when I was house shopping I went into the attic during an open house and this woman was on her hands and knees looking out the window (which was only about an inch off the floor) and shouting “You can see Mount Pleasant from here!”

It also makes you five months and two days older than I. (Sorry, I wish I could have said “me,” but I just couldn’t. Damn my grasp of English grammar!

Y’all are old enough to be my parents… just sayin’

:smiley:

First, I am on swampy’s marriage list, and because I’ve never had a wedding, I’m voting against the “run-away to Vegas” idea. I’m walking down an aisle in an overpriced white dress and somebody at the other end is in a dove gray morning suit. That’s all I’m saying.

Where I live, you can be at a mountain–a real mountain–within an hour. Or you can be at the beach. Or, in about 2 hours you can be in high plains desert. You can also go to a lake, a river, a waterfall, farmland, orchards, valleys, forests and wetlands. All within day trip distance from my front door. I never go to any of them, but I could. If I had a life.

Because they were covered with drool and had holes chewed in them and . . . OH ICK! :eek:

I blush Swampy. And no, I didn’t see you peeing on the ant hill. Although fire ants? You want your delicates exposed when there are fire ants around? They’ll just laugh at you in the ER you know.

SKANKY? js, you should just watch yerself little lady! I’ll have you know all the great mountaineering opportunities are right here in southwestern Ohio. Why, we have the highest point in the whole state (Campbell Hill at a whopping 1,549 feet) just a little west of Columbus. And some north too. So I guess that cuts out “southwestern” Ohio, but it’s still in western Ohio as far as that goes.

I have big plans this summer to take the boys to the Top of Ohio. But we’ll have to do it during the week since they shut it down to visitors on the weekends. Which is just stupid. Think of the tourism they’re missing out on. I mean, who wouldn’t want to climb the 43rd Highest State Point in the whole country? I mean, 43rd!

But in the real southwestern Ohio we have… uh… the Edge of Appalachia Preserve. “Appalachia” like the mountains. So it’s like we have mountains over near this way.

Kallessa, I’m on Swampy’s marriage list too!

Since I’ve always wanted to wear a tux I’ll be there in a dove grey morning suit for ya! (I was almost the best man at a friend’s wedding but his parents overruled and he had his little brother instead - I was all set to rent a tux, plan a bachelor party, give the toast and everything!)

HEY! :frowning: I’m only 34 :slight_smile:

Wahoo, it’s monday! I dunno why I’m so happy about it, since I have no reasons to be like Phflosphrrr (sorry, I can never keep track which vowel you 86’d). Congrats and heh heh heh nudge nudge wink wink, on the countdown to babyness.

I got to wear my pretty new sparkly pinkish dress and super sparkly shoes and cover myself in sparkly powder and wear sparkly jewels on saturday. That’s right, I went to the prom. Sure I was a chaperone, but I got asked to the prom and got to be sparkly while checking a lot of the cutest little purses. All I can say is that the kids looked absolutely fabulous, very classy. Okay, one girl looked like she belonged on a street corner with her thigh high fishnet stockings and slit up to you-don’t-wanna-know skirt, but that’s just one out of a good three hundred absolutely lovely young ladies. One guy tried to sneak in a flask and only one teensy argue-fight. Oh yeah, the guy in the white zoot suit nearly killed us all, trying to keep straight faces, and the chicken cordon bleu was about what you’d expect which is why I passed. On the way home I wanted to stop and get tattoos but noooo, everybody else was tiiiired. Whimps.

Sunday I lounged about and made boueauof bourgeiuonoine with cilantro instead of flat leaf parsley. I figured why not when I noticed my mistake. In the end it tastes the same I think. I also didn’t have mushrooms because they turned into a gruesome science experiment down in the crisper. Note to all; mushrooms don’t like the crisper, especially not five days in the crisper. Then I made palmier cookies, yummy crunchy.

Also, my kitties get really really happy about cilantro and parsley which I think are kinda related to the catnip family. Or maybe not. I know mint is related to catnip. Because my cats like green olives and I know those aren’t related to catnip. Right?

I will also marry Swampbear, if he’ll still have me. I want to have it in Vegas too. Little Elvis has got to come along and we’ll all climb to the top of that pyramid they have. I bet you could see my house from the top of that one. Then I want to go skydiving and get a tattoo. A sparkly tattoo of catnip.

I meant those 50ish people :slight_smile: And I was just teasing them I swear!! I loves all the MMP Peoples regardless of age, gender, religion or sexual orientation! I doth not discriminate :slight_smile:

And I was disappointed you didn’t come to our little dopefest this past weekend! We had a fest-a-que at casa Tanookie!

Oh - Where are kitty pictures?!