Hey Michi over here!

You asked for it.
You say you are stuck in Florida?

You say, “I would move in a heatbeat if I could?”

You say “I might be able to afford a move if someone will let me move in with them?”

Look no further. I have a perfect solution!
I happen to live alone in a three bedroom house in lovely Huntsville Alabama.

Huntsville is a thriving city. With many things to do and close to Sooo much more!

We have Hockey both college and semi-professional. An arena 2 football team. I revitalized (so the mayor says) downtoen area (walking distance to my house.) A variety of nightlife abounds in Huntsville as well!

A vet nurse would have no trouble finding a job here in the area. Hell, My mother has close to a dozen cats, and 6 dogs, not to incluse the two dogs I have living with me!
The cost of living is low and Huntsville has a very low redneck population thanks to NASA, Redstone arsenal, and other high tech buisnesses here.
Not to mention, I, Osip am here :slight_smile:
No, how can you turn THAT down?

Hmmm…tempting offer…but I have to let the other male Dopers make their sales pitch before I make any decisions…:slight_smile:

“Huntsville is a thriving city. With many things to do and close to Sooo much more!”

I live 1/2 hour from DC and c 2.5 hours from a spacious cabin in WVA. Lots to do in DC and lots to “do” in WVA.

“We have Hockey both college and semi-professional. An arena 2 football team. I revitalized (so the mayor says) downtoen area (walking distance to my house.) A variety of nightlife abounds in Huntsville as well!”

Washington Capitals, Wizards, Redskins, Baltimore Orioles, Ravens, Caroline Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars. Clubs abound. Several universities at which you might continue your education.

“A vet nurse would have no trouble finding a job here in the area. Hell, My mother has close to a dozen cats, and 6 dogs, not to incluse the two dogs I have living with me!”

I live with three dogs. There is a vet clinic not two miles from my house, a mere 2 miles (if that) away. Something like a 15-minute bike ride. Plus we could always play “vet and bad dog” . . .

“The cost of living is low and Huntsville has a very low redneck population thanks to NASA, Redstone arsenal, and other high tech buisnesses here.”

COL is pretty low. My family survived comfortably for several years on $50,000 or so (six people and three dogs).

Redneck population is negligible.

“Not to mention, I, Osip am here :slight_smile:
No, how can you turn THAT down?”

I will be your personal . . . er, slave. Yeah :wink:

I will give up my hatred of cats to be with you. If you can find someone who will abandon something that serious for you . . . I hope you’re happy with him.

OOO…play vet and bad dog, huh? Sounds like something I could get into…(evil grin)

And the cabin…that is a nice little perk!

as for my cats, I know you would love them anyway…they are so sweet!

can i live with you, iampunha?

Kilgore, you are slowly climbing your way to the very top of my list of favorite posters.

Michi WTF?!!? Why are you leaving? I just met you and now you are packing up. Forget that! Stay here!! We will party and hang out and you will have a blast. You do not want to leave Florida. You will get snowed on, and your cats will freeze solid. Stay here, don’t go!!
Why did you decide to leave anyway?? What about all the poor animals here that need you? You have to stay!!!

really? i just wanted to play “vet and bad dog.”

So who’s gonna play the vet and who’s gonna play the bad dog?

I need someone really bad…Are you really bad?

::kicks Kilgore::

Get away from Iam, he’s mine!

Bear Nenno, it was nice meeting you, but you never tried to get in touch with me after our lunch! Besides, you already heave a woman, do you not? I am trying to find a nice male Doper to take me in so I can make a fresh start someplace else! And although I find the idea of kitty popsicles horrifying, I think that as long as they stay inside, where they belong, they will do just fine! :slight_smile: I, on the other hand, would not mind getting snowed on. When I went to Utah in February, I really loved the snow!

Am I really bad? Crap…it’s been so long, I probably AM bad, and not in a GOOD way! :wink:

Michi I understand. I wish you all the luck if you are seriously moving. :frowning: But before you leave, we are going to go out and have one hell of a night. Your last night in Tampa has to be a good one!!

LOL! I really do wnt to move away from FL. I am tired of living here. Been here all my life and now I need a change. However, I am not financially stable enough to pick up and go, nor do I relish the idea of moving to a place where I don’t know anybody. Hence, a thread asking male Dopers if they want me as a roommate. Whoever can give me the best reason why I should move in with them, gets me! (Part joke thread, part tell me what’s cool about where you live thread. In case I ever do get a chance to move.)

Just a second of iampunha’s nomination of DC. We sure do need more gorgeous single women here.

And, I’m an escaped Floridian, too, so my opinion should count for something, eh, Michi?

Have you ever seen the Cherry Blossoms in bloom in the spring? Or, taken a drive down the Skyline Drive in the autumn? Only in DC can you do that…

Sorry, KT. I’m a one-woman man, but more importantly a no-man man. The only guys I room with are schoolmates and relatives.

Michi, I personally guarantee you that if you move to DC Montfort and I, to say nothing of other people, will welcome you with open arms and beer cans.

Cherry blossoms are way cool. And I will be the bad dog whom you spank, Michi;)

The DC area does have its charms, but be warned that the cost of living is higher. Maybe its western suburbs (Manassas or Leesburg, VA) would offer the best of both worlds; cheap, more temperate, and not Florida.

(P.S. - I’d invite you to live with me, but my wife might be a little miffed.)

Beer cans?!?!?! Get out of college, punny, and get some real beer, the kind that comes in bottles (or kegs).

Friends, let’s review again, shall we?

I DO NOT DRINK BEER.

Got that straight? Gooooood :slight_smile:

Now . . . when I was in high school, and there were off-campus parties, they mostly had either a keg or bottles, or both. The frosh parties sometimes had cans, but they learned.

FWIW< I don’t drink anything with alcohol in it, intentionally. I make no claims as to what’s happened to drinks when I wasn’t looking.

And re: COL, the cabin my family has MIGHT have been 50K. The houses a few hours from here (a few being maybe 2.5) are way cheap and really cool. The COL decreases, IMO, as you go west, to a point.

Michi, consider the following. If you move to Alabama you’ll suffer from the following problem; you’ll be living in Alabama. And DC? Watch some C-Span and ask yourself “Are these the people I want as neighbors?”

No, Michi, you’re a refined lady and you want to live in a refined place. I call to your attention the poetical insight of Eva Gabor who said it all with the immortal couplet “New York is where I’d rather stay. I get allergic smelling hay.”

Now where in New York should you move to? Well, the Big Apple is nice to visit but, unless you’ve recently signed a three picture deal with Miramax or are batting .350, the lifestyle’s a little out of the price range of mere mortals.

I myself grew up in the scenic Adirondacks. Majestic peaks, endless forests, beautiful lakes. But then you realize it’s a hundred mile drive for decent Thai take-out, so that’s out.

No, the best choice is someplace where life is good. A mix of city and country living within a day’s easy drive of Manhattan and Lake Placid, the urban delights of Toronto and the rural pleasures of the Alleghany Forest, the ivy halls of Ithaca and the thundering waters of Niagara. But also a place worth living in all on its own and where you’d never need to leave for anything you wished to do. A place where you can live in a city skyscraper or a country farmhouse, both within twenty miles of each other. A place like … Rochester.

So come on up, Michi. I’ll be glad to help you settle in and show you the sights.