Oh, I should have said - my favorite dearly departed fast food item - Cinnamon Crispas from Taco bell. They were replaced by the disgusting,pork skin-like Cinnamon Twist around 1989 or so.
[QUOTE=Cluricaun]
It also strikes me as strange that besides the normal taco/burrito faire, I’ve never been to a Mexican resturant that has things called Gorditos or Enchiritos. I’m worried that one day someone will tell laugh at my lunch and say “Hey man, don’t you know that ‘Enchirito’ is Spanish for 'Dead Bathroom Roaches?”
[/QUOTE]
When my ship went to Almeria, Spain, several of my shipmates ordered something called “tostada”. What they were expecting was basically a flat taco. What they got was… toast.
Robin
It is quite tasty, but I refuse to get another one because I refuse to support the castrated Jalepeno movement and their’s are a new low in tasteless Jalepenos.
[QUOTE=Dr_Paprika]
Now I don’t really NEED the Wendy’s Wild Mountain Chicken Sandwich made with hickory bacon, colby cheese, a spicy chicken fillet and pepper sauce, at 600+ calories and 30g+ of fat. But damn if it isn’t one of the best fast food sammiches. I’d have one now if it was still around.
[/QUOTE]
Oh the memories… I had nearly forgotten about that one!
I used to work for Captain D’s… a number of times actually… they had a Seafood Salad mix that was simply the best… to this day I can find nothing comparable and it hasnt been around in years.