Hey! Wendy's! Whaddya mean, limited time only?

We don’t have Enchiritos here, but it’s probably just a burrito with the red sauce on the outside, but we have Gorditas. They also have baked apple pies with an odd, tortilla-like crust called an Empanada. If there’s any truth in the translation, it means “Pie filling in deep fried cheesecloth.”

One glorious summer, Taco Bell had a montery jack chicken quesedila, and the seven layer nachos. Then they left, and I wept.

And I suspect “chalupa” is just the noise your digestive system makes after you eat one.

A McRib sandwich was the straw that broke my momma’s gall bladder. It’s probably best for the population that there are an occasional thing.

I’m devastated that Dunkin Donuts didn’t bring back their pumpkin spice donut for Halloween this year. I must have eaten one for every day in last October. :frowning:

I’m upset that the triple cheese and bacon sandwich wasn’t on the menu the last time I went to Arby’s, and I ended up ordering something similar but not nearly as good and it was served on an onion roll (ew). The triple cheese and bacon from there is fricking HEAVEN! My friend got them to make it but I ordered before him and flubbed. 'Twas depressing.

When I was around 8 or 9 (late 70’s) McDonalds came out with the Chopped
Beefsteak Sandwich. It was great. But they never brought it back. I still remember it over 25 years later.

I miss Wendy’s chicken caesar pita wraps. Those things were soooooo good.

Vanilla frosties? I MUST try!

I’m with you on the wraps. Tasty, but messy; stuff was always falling out of them and the pita was too fragile. :frowning:

Vanilla Frosties? Trust me, you’re missing nothing :frowning: .

Um, I used to work at a Wendy’s in high school (30 years ago), and that’s exactly where the meat for the chili comes from. Burgers that got broken up on the grill, spent too long on the grill, or got a little overcooked. We’d bag them up in 48-count bags, put them in the fridge 'til the next morning, then chop and make them into a pot of chili. The meat was perfectly wholesome, just not servable as burgers.

But their chili is really not very good and hasn’t been for years - they reformulated it some years back. Now it’s bland, flavorless, and has an odd texture to the vegetables. No spiciness whatsoever. I still eat it on occasion because it’s relatively low-fat (the fat cooks off when the burgers cook, and the other ingredients are low/nonfat) but I don’t really enjoy it.

Around here, that’s a burrito mojado, and you have to go to a real taqueria for it.

What’s irritated me is that Carl’s Jr dropped their low-carb breakfast bowl. For $2.99, the thing was a tasty heap of eggs, sausage, bacon and cheese.

Ok, Wendy’s is now hawking the Jalapeno Double Melt, which is the messiest and tastiest glob of heart stopping muck I’ve ever torn into. 2 quarter-pound hamburger patties, bacon, pepperjack cheese slice, cheese sauce and jalapenos on a bun. I’ll only ever eat one maybe every six months or so, but damn they better have it when I’m ready for another one. It’s the Wendy’s equivalent of the KFC bowl- take everything you have and throw it on!

I love the McRib too, and recently had my first one in years (actually, on my first trip to McDonald’s in about a year). Apparently they do well in the Midwest but sell relatively poorly on the coasts and any barbecue hubs (Texas, Memphis, the Carolinas, and so forth).

But for those of you who like McRibs, you can buy the “boneless barbecue pork rib-shaped patties” from En-Cor Foods, a big yellow box of six of them, from your supermarket’s frozen foods section. They’re pretty much identical, and I think only $3 for the package of six. It shouldn’t be too hard to find comparable buns, either.

I wish Fazoli’s Pizzarino would be permanent. It used to be then they cancelled it about 5 yrs ago. They brought it back just for the month of October and I had it every other day or so even tho it’s 5 miles out of the way. Then they stopped it again…mmmmm, warmed over cheese and spices :mad:

I can attest to this. I’m sure there’s just as little nutrition in the En-Cor patties as in the McRib, but they’re very tasty. I think the supermarkets around here have stopped carrying them, though, they’ve become very hard to find. :frowning:

If they weren’t perishable, I would happily ship you some!

[QUOTE=Antinor01]

[QUOTE=Mindfield]
I never really got into most of the Wendy’s specialty burgers. I tend to avoid any mushroom-melt type arrangement because the mushrooms are invariably canned and therefore taste like salted rubber. Only when the mushrooms are real, fresh, sauteed mushrooms will I partake.

They did this when I worked there in 1979.

Now I don’t really NEED the Wendy’s Wild Mountain Chicken Sandwich made with hickory bacon, colby cheese, a spicy chicken fillet and pepper sauce, at 600+ calories and 30g+ of fat. But damn if it isn’t one of the best fast food sammiches. I’d have one now if it was still around.

Also, I’ll probably get laughed out of the thread for mentioning this, but Gardenburger makes a fake rib-meat patty called a Riblet, if memory serves, that is remarkably similar to a Ribwich except, y’know…healthy.

They are quite tasty. We chop them up and put them in chili. Check in your grocer’s freezer next to all the other meatless stuff.

You can still order the Buf Puf from drugstore.com!