Hi, my name is BaldDude and I'm a Hallmark network Cheesy Christmas movie Addict

We just finished “Christmas At Cartwright’s” starring Alicia Witt. She still looks great!

Aaaaannd bump for the 2015 Hallmark Christmas movie season, which began immediately after Halloween.

Just watched another Alicia Witt movie–A Very Merry Mix-up. Man, I love her.

A few days ago I saw Nine Lives of Christmas (mentioned above, last year). It was cute.

I’ve got the new one with Sarah Lancaster–Tis the Season for Love–on my DVR, but haven’t watched it yet.

Anyone else getting an early start on cheesy Christmas movies?

Nope, since I have a husband who gets very cranky about Christmas movies before Thanksgiving evening (and he considers that pushing it. He’d prefer December 1st).

Had “Mrs Miracle” on just know. Glad to see this thread resurrected!

Watched this movie in my doctor’s office while getting a few stitches put in my finger. Nicolas Cage and his two retarded brothers Dana Carvey and John Lovitz try to rob a small town bank during the holiday season. I thought perhaps the prescription strength Tylenol was making me hallucinate.

Here’s a real treat for you: Thomas Kinkade’s Christmas Cottage.
Now, I don’t do xmas movies and I most certainly am not a fan of Mr. Kinkade, but I have a special group of friends who get together on the day after Thanksgiving to drink a lot, talk shit and watch this cinematic treasure. It’s all sorts of treacly, trite cliches all rolled up into one sugar coated ball! Oh, and Peter O’Toole for the late-career bad choice role win.

My wife’s already started DVRing these things… aren’t they on Lifetime and Oxygen as well?

I’m not complaining- it gives me time to play the games and do the stuff that I don’t always have time to do when hanging out with her normally.

I watched the 1938 “A Christmas Carol” before Hallowe’en, as I was sure it would disappear off Netflix soon. It wasn’t bad, but Reginald Owen’s Scrooge make-up was horrible. The Alistair Sim version is still the best, but the George C. Scott version comes in a CLOSE second.

How would you say it compares to Matchmaker Santa, starring Lacey Chabert, Florence Henderson & John Ratzenberger, and airing tomorrow night on Hallmark?

Lacey “Jailbait” Chabert? Boogers, I don’t get the Hallmark channel. :mad:

Chabert comes in a close second to Alicia Witt–I’m remembering a black top hat and…excuse me.

STRAPLESS BLACK BRASSIERE! Boy-cut drawers? Gotta go!

I won’t watch any before Thanksgiving, but yesterday I caught a long run of them. Three had the theme “Your ‘professional’ dreams are stupid. Don’t pursue a career. That only leads to sadness. Find a nice, hardworking guy in a small town and marry him. Then you will have a happy life with lovely Christmases.”
“Just In Time for Christmas” caught my attention not just for the above plot or because it had William Shatner as Santa-in-disguise but also because it had Victoria standing in for Seattle rather than Vancouver (which usually stands in for Seattle). There were a few lovely scenes that were filmed in the inner harbor. It was also filmed in summer during a drought so there are brown lawns everywhere.

The pattern breaking one had Danica McKeller as a scrappy, poor, but honest artist with math skills who becomes the Christmas governess to a precocious princess whose father was widowed. Amazingly enough, the king falls in love with her.

I finally got around to watching Tis the Season for Love yesterday. Pretty ‘meh’ story, but the only thing I love more than Sarah Lancaster in these sappy movies is…

Alicia Witt! I watched her today in I’m Not Ready for Christmas, which basically steals the plot of Liar, Liar. Not as good as Witt’s other holiday movies, but I can’t help myself from liking her in it.

I’ve been going through a lot of these movies in the past couple of weeks:

Christmas on the Bayou
Last Chance for Christmas
Naughty or Nice
(all of the above starring Hilarie Burton)

also:
Dear Santa, with Amy Acker
Help for the Holidays, with Summer Glau
One Starry Christmas, with Sarah Carter
Magic Stocking, with Bridget Regan
Finding Christmas, with Tricia Helfer

Heh, I just realized my cheesy holiday movie viewing skews toward movies starring actresses from sci-fi/fantasy tv shows. Has Jewel Staite done one of these Hallmark movies?

Last night we watched “A Dog Named Christmas.” We loved it. :slight_smile:

Whoo hoo, I finally found a copy of Christmas With Holly at the local Hallmark this month. They were sold out online.
Anamorphic, Karroll’s Christmas is awesome. I’ve seen it several times since it first aired on A&E :slight_smile:

On my fifth viewing of."It’s Christmas, Carol ". No regrets.

you know this year they split the Christmas movies up this year between hallmark channel prime and hallmark movies and mysteries ? the first has all the rom coms and most of the new movies on the weekend on it and the second has all the sad weepy “dramas” …

they had one last week with the lead from eureka on it and I missed it … was it at least tolerable ?

The best part of the Hallmark Christmas slop is that the actresses are very attractive and dressed up very nice. But the plots are very similar and the guy always gets the girl he wants, the girl always gets that special guy, the family always comes together at the end, etc.

Once in a while I’ll watch the non-holiday HMM stuff to see the psychotic obsessed person inevitably get their just desserts at the end.

The Uverse comment is outdated, Hallmark is back on U-Verse as of last year sometime. As is NHL network- I can get my Don Cherry fashion god fix every Saturday now.

I decided to stop watching Hallmark as apparently only white people can fall in love cheesily at Christmas time. (Seriously, they make one or two dozen of these movies a year and it’s never people of color as the main characters? never? at a certain point, it isn’t an oversight, it’s intentional and they’ve hit that point.)

Luckily, Lifetime and Ion who produce approximately the same movies. I can watch those.