High School Musical?

She’s a very cute young woman, she’s the one I’d have had a thing for when I was a teen. She apparently has also done some modelling.

My pre-teen daughter and her friends had a sleepover at our place to watch the sequel. They were, to a girl, a bit underwhelmed by it. I’ve not seen it yet, myself. I worked late then stopped for dinner and a drink on the way home so I wouldn’t have to. I’m sure I’ll see it eventually, but AFAIK the Shibbgirl has not yet watched it a second time yet.

She’s 21? I thought Kelsey was 17 or 18 at most! Dang, that girl is tiny! And yeah she is cute. I auditioned for her part when my school did HSM and was turned down because I was too tall. But I did get the part of Taylor (Gabriella’s friend from the Academic Decathlon or whatever).

Yep, that Kelsi gal is way cute. Not nearly as glamorous as some of the other cast members, but definitely the kind of gal that I would have gone for.

Disney is definitely into marketing this as a “clean” movie. I thought it was interesting that there were a ton of scenes at a pool and not one bikini worn or belly shown… not very realistic in this day and age.

Also, not much of a romantic scene with the kiss after all the quasi-dramatic build-up

My 5 and 7 year old sons loved it though…

I think they should just go ahead and make the thing into a weekly series, with Troy and Gabriella having to outsmart Sharpay every episode.

Except the Very Special Christmas episode, where Sharpay dreams herself in either “A Christmas Carol” or “It’s a Wonderful Life”, and learns the true meaning of Christmas.

BTW, it’s showing again tomorrow (Thursday 08-23). Does anyone know if it’s going to be the sing along version? Michaela’s DVR screwed up on Sunday, and she was heartbroken.

I should probably mention that I’m talking about HSM2 in that other post.

Yeah but what about the weird scene where Troy had his arms around Gabriella, resting his hands right on her boobs! I kept thinking, did they really block it that way? Was it an awkward pose that was caught on camera accidentally? Would it really cost so much to reshoot that little piece?

And more on the subject of the age who is watching this. As I said, my 15 year old niece claims that she only watched it because it was on – but she sure wasn’t chatting on the computer or doing her summer reading or anything else while it was on! My 8 year old niece, however, called me the day before it was on to tell me she was going to watch it the next day. Then called me the day after to tell me all about how much she loved it and how good it was.

IMDb says Olyesia Rulin, who plays Kelsi, was born March 17, 1986 in Moscow. Coincidentially, Monique Coleman, who plays Taylor, is the oldest of the main sextet, at 26. (It’s staggering how young she looks, but then again, she isn’t Disney’s elder statesman- that goes to Jason Earles, who plays Jackon on Hannah Montana. Although his official resume gives a birth date of 1985, both IMDb and a USA Today article place his age at 29 or 30. Sweet niblets!)

Vampires, eh? That might explain the elder Cyrus’s heart condition, re: its renowned achy-breakiness. Or perhaps they’re only half-zombie? After all, they’ve got the best of both worlds.

Well… Hannah Montana must be the witch hunter, because, as everyone knows, she’s got nerve.

Hmm…I wouldn’t know that one, because we haven’t met. But that’s okay, 'cause I’ll be asking for her someday. (Goodness, these puns have got to stop. Eh, nobody’s perfect.)