Oh, great and wise Dope…
I have to burn 2 weeks holiday before the end of the year. This is not including Christmas, when I have a trip planned, but I was wondering what recommendations people might have to spend my 2 weeks holiday?
- Not more than a couple hours flight time from London, because the Girlfriend might come meet me somewhere for a long weekend at the beginning or end
- I want warm, if possible, and would ideally like some beach weather if possible
- It will be end of October / beginning of November
- I’m an American living in London, so don’t really want to spend holidays going to South or North America; I can always do that if / when I move back to the US at some point in the distant future. Besides I was just back in the US for 3 weeks, and might be there for another 3 weeks in late November so don’t really feel the need for that
- SE Asia (Thailand / Vietnam / Laos / Burma) is out because the GF would kill me for not going with her.
- I’m not too keen on going to India; never been, it’s just not high on my agenda of cool places to go
- I don’t want to spend a huge amount; £1,000 ($2,000 US) is about it, including flights. I’m not adverse to the whole stay in a hostel thing either.
Any ideas out there in the land of the hugely intelligent dopers?