Hollywood Sidewalks

Ok, tell me:
Stars on the sidealks:
a) On which streets does one find the “stars” placed on the sidewalk? Only Hollywood Blvd?
b) How many stars are there?
c) When did this tradition begin?

Famous Footprints:
d) On which streets’ sidewalks does one find the footprints of the stars?
e) How many stars’ prints are there?
f) When did this tradition begin?
g) Is it still continued today?

“They’re coming to take me away ha-ha, ho-ho, hee-hee, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time… :)” - Napoleon IV

I can only answer your questions in part.

I know that the stars are not limited to one street because of her talk of this celebrity’s star being on such-and-such street while that celebrity’s star is on another such-and-such street. I know nothing about how many or when it started.

The footprint were initially only in front of Mann’s(sp?) Chinese Theater, but have grown beyond that. I don’t know where Mann’s is located, but I believe it has closed. You should be able to find something on the Web if you look for Mann’s Chinese Theater, but you have to experiment with the spelling. Again, I don’t know how many or how long. I’m sure others can supply more info, but here is a starting point.

[QUOTE]
Originally posted by Beauxeau IX:

. . . because of her talk . . .

[QUOTE]

Should have been: . . . because I’ve heard talk of . . .

Sorry.

GRAUMAN’S Chinese Theater. Here’s a little info:
http://www.mdle.com/ClassicFilms/FeaturedBook/book24.htm

Uke

a) On which streets does one find the “stars” placed on the sidewalk? Only Hollywood Blvd?
A: No. on Hollywood Boulevard: from Gower Street to La Brea Avenue,
and on Vine Street: from Yucca Street to Sunset Boulevard.

b) How many stars are there?
A: over 2,500 blank “stars”, and only about 2,130 of them have been filled so far.

A: The Walk started out in.

Famous Footprints:
d) On which streets’ sidewalks does one find the footprints of the stars?
A: in the forecourt of Mann’s Chinese Theatre (formerly named Grauman’s Chinese Theatre), 6925 Hollywood Boulevard,
Hollywood, CA.

e) How many stars’ prints are there?

f) When did this tradition begin?

from Hooray for Hollywood web site

g) Is it still continued today?
Yes. In recent years, popular actors Harrison Ford, Eddie Murphy, Tom Cruise, Michael Keaton, Burt Reynolds, Sylvester Stallone, and Mel Gibson received the honor of placing their hands and feet in the famous wet cement. So did directors Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, along with the “Star Wars” characters of Darth Vader, R2D2 and C-3PO. The most recent recipients of this honor were Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, Danny Glover, Warren Beatty, Denzel Washington, Whoopi Goldberg, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Meryl Streep, Bruce Willis, Steven Seagal, Jim Carrey, Al Pacino, Robert Zemekis, Walter Matthau, Ron Howard and Michael Douglas (whose footprints are now right above his dad Kirk’s).
Most information taken from the site:
Where the Stars are Immortalized

Official site for walk of fame: http://chamber.hollywood.com/walkoffame/

Sorry for the typing error.

A: The Walk started out in 1960.