Holy Fuck give the goddamn Bush threads a break!

Note I didn’t say that those things WERE true, just that the attitudes of those posting all the hateful crap suggested that to me,

AS to whose right in this? Maybe one, maybe the other. Again, my gripe is that Americans, don’t have all the answers, unless they’re somehow in the way of having access to the documents /that “prove” he is, or isn’t some evil criminal.

And those that agree with him (the little I’ve read of their posts, so maybe they have said many other things too) do have another opinion. My gripe is that their thinking so doesn’t make them “stupid” just having a differing opinion.

To be fair, many of the Bush-bashing threads contain copious evidence.

Whoah! Hold the phone there, Bucko. Let’s get back on track. We’re not talking about who’s stupid and who isn’t; right now we’re talking about THIS, which was posted by you:

And that is a false dichotomy. The third option, as I pointed out, is that Bush is getting bashed more because he did more things that deserve bashing.

You are trying to imply that Bush gets criticized more because democrats are more “rabid”, but failing to consider that perhaps he gets criticized more because he deserves to get criticized more.

Or, maybe, that there an awful lot of people who consider this to be the worst administration since they’ve been alive. This is the Pit, which is where people go to post when they’re pissed off. And people get pissed off a lot under this administration.

Putting the threads into a separate forum isn’t going to make all the problems go away, you know.

I cry bullshit on Canvas Shoes

The “hateful” line is itself just politispeak. Instead of discussing evidence or content in this thread or that, you try to slander character. You use a broad broad brush when you claim that everyone who thinks Bush has to go consistently calls the other side “stupid,” let alone really means it.

Pretty much, the obvious conclusion is that you are not trying to be civil and call for more reason, but just start more shit by casting nasty implications about those who start and participate in Bush threads. The vast majority of them contain tons of evidence that you haven’t even given a ghost of an attempt at discussing or evaluating.

So can it. Put up or shut up, but stop calling us names by claiming all we do is call names.

Just for Canvas Shoes’ sake, I’ll put this in this thread instead of starting another one.
Barbara and Jenna: riiiiiight.
http://www.wonkette.com/archives/the-jenna-and-barb-chat-riiiiiiight-018166.php

Here’s another one: recess appointment of Bush’s denies gay people the right to adopt.
http://americablog.blogspot.com/archives/2004_07_18_americablog_archive.html#109053372986413723

No hate, no names. I just want guys like this off the bench. Electing John Kerry will do it, instantly.

For me, the Bush bashing has gotten to the point of being like the Far Side where the guy is yelling at his dog to stay out of the garbage–it says “What we say to dogs” and then “What dogs hear”–the little balloon says “Blah, blah, blah, Ginger. Blah, blah, blah, Ginger.”

That’s all I hear anymore: “Blah, blah, blah, BUSH LIED! Blah, blah, blah, HALLIBURTON! Blah, blah, blah, BUSH LIED!”

Are you implying that we think yer a bitch? :slight_smile:

Glad to see you’ve picked up on the important facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanvasShoes
AS to whose right in this? Maybe one, maybe the other. Again, my gripe is that Americans, don’t have all the answers, unless they’re somehow in the way of having access to the documents /that “prove” he is, or isn’t some evil criminal.

[quoteTo be fair, many of the Bush-bashing threads contain copious evidence.[/quote]
As I said, from what I’ve read, those “copious” proofs, from what I’ve read in threads here, are from the same sources available to all Americans (CNN, articles, stuff like that) and I haven’t seen any that are from actual govt. documents. If you’d read my post, you’d have seen I didn’t say they weren’t, just what I’d seen of the few threads I’ve perused. You’re confusing me with someone who thinks he’s great. I don’t, I just don’t happen to think Kerry is less evil.

Quote:

And those that agree with him (the little I’ve read of their posts, so maybe they have said many other things too) do have another opinion. My gripe is that their thinking so doesn’t make them “stupid” just having a differing opinion.

Oh, way to cut out the key part of my post. What I ACTUALLY said was “this suggests to me”. I most certainly did NOT state is as fact. And no, I’m not saying democrats are more rabid, again, if you’d read my post you’d have seen that it seems that way to me because of the tons of “i hate bush” threads. As to the stating that bush supporters seem to be bashed as being stupid, that’s a secondary gripe.

I don’t like the guy either. In fact, I don’t like EITHER of them. Were I to vote for Kerry, it would be better for me PERSONALLY, his sort is the sort that makes sure folks in my industry get lotsa contracts and stuff. If I vote for Bush, he’ll keep me from getting a job, but at least we won’t be yanked out of Iraq leaving a crappy half finished job. And that is NOT a statement, jmo.

I’m tempted to just vote for the greenies or the independent party. So I’m just sitting here, taking in information and planning on voting for the lesser of two evils.

Anyway, sorry, got off track. My irritation with the “bush supporters are stupid” is based on the few times I have ventured into a thread, or seen some of these titles. The smug “you’re an idiot if you don’t believe this” attitude is pretty clear even in just some of the titles.

There are a lot of things folks choose to do, that I don’t like. I may disagree with them, and disagree strenuously, but I don’t tihnk that they’re less intelligent, or deserving of the right to vote because of it. And the type of posts that suggest that they are stupid, and are 'wasting" their vote seem to appear with VERY regular frequency in those threads.

Again, I don’t venture into them very often, but I have read a few, and it is very irritating. In some cases, the attitudes are so smug, I have half a mind to vote for bush just out of spite.

You know? This highly emotionally charged "we won’t quit complaining and shoving each and every tiny sin (and please, what president has ever been without human foibles) of this president in everyone’s face until they CHANGE THEIR MINDS.

Hell, excuse me, but have you MET Americans? You know, those people that if told they 'have to do something" will do the exact opposite? Those for Kerry, or against bush, or whatever are gonna shoot themselves in the foot here, pretty soon. Kind of seems like the old “methinks he doth protest too much” to me.

Oh yeah, and I’m a buckETTE, not a buckO :smiley:

Boy are you confused. Saying “the people that are being hateful” is saying THOSE people that are being hateful. It is certainly not saying that everyone on the other side is hateful. I was directly talking about those that do do that.

And I was quite clear on that. By saying things like “some posts” or “seems like” instead of “everyone does this, etc”.

Apos, I am NOT talking about people who support kerry, or those that oppose bush. Nor am I talking about those that post quotes regarding their feelings on bush’s politically incorrect nonsense.

I am talking about those posters, and JUST those posters who, when arguing with a bush supporter, call them stupid, and so on for their support of bush as president. I said nothing to suggest otherwise in my posts. You have somehow translated this to mean that I think all bush bashers are “hateful”. Once again, for the reading comprehension impaired. No, I’m talking about the ones, and JUST those ones, who ARE hateful.

I’ll say it slowly. My main gripe with the threads is the snottiness and snideness vastly apparent in the subject titles. Not just “bush is evil” but the “OMG, Anyone who could POSSIBLY support this man is a raving moron” undercurrent that many of these thread titles have. I would feel that way if there were 40 threads a day basing the Seahawks and touting the Cowboys if it were being done the way I see this political garbage being done.

In NO way shape or form did I say kerry supporters were somehow not allowed to express their views. I was complaining about the way in which SOME people express their views and aren’t content to stop there, but to act as if everyone who believes other than what they believe is stupid, or evil.

If you had been following politics more closely for the past few years, you would have realized the currently operant code phrase is “there are those who.” It’s a white house favorite, meaning “anyone who disagrees with the presidents actions or policies.” There is no longer a simple phrase in the english language with the meaning I suspect you were trying to impart.

Just because people stop complaining about Bush won’t make those things they are complaining about go away. :wally

Well jeez, I wish someone had told ME that a perfectly clear english phrase had been confiscated by the White House :smiley:

But thanks for the warning, I’ll be sure and preface all comments on my feelings about politics with “I’m NOT talking about you guys, I’m talking about the OTHER guys” from now on.

:smiley:

And your point is? No one who is complaining about the threads was even remotely expecting that it would. As has been stated here, it’s the amount, and tone of them. And would likely get the same reaction about any other subject that was being beaten to death.

Don’t blame us for the mess you made. If you hadn’t supported this creep, he wouldn’t be president and we wouldn’t be bitching. We could have president McCain in office, handling our finances prudently and the military wisely. You wouldn’t hear nearly so much complaints, because there wouldn’t be so much to complain about.

What, pray tell, are you talking about? As I’ve said, QUITE clearly, I am not “blaming” anyone for anything, other than the huge number of ridiculous threads. And as I’ve said QUITE clearly, I don’t like him either. Reading other posters’ ENTIRE posts might help.

And as to “if we had XYZ in office, you woulnd’t hear nearly the complaints”. PUH lease. There have been dissenters and very vocal ones too, about every president we’ve had since I was old enough to vote couggh, cooouuuugggh27years ago couugggh

Almost every president to date has done some horrible thing that has resulted in people “hating” him. Jeeez, even as far back as presidents we modern folks consider “heroes” of a sort, such as Lincoln.

Mine and others’ complaints were without respect to which side they were on, it was about the sheer VOLUME, and in my case the snideness toward those who are for bush.

Though this has been posted several times, you seem to keep missing it. This is NOT another antibush, or probush thread. It is about the annoyance of the threads themselves. And once again, you’d see people complaining about it regardless of the subject matter were it happening in the same manner about anything else, even something as innocuous as football.

In fact, IIRC, last fall, there WERE some “jeeez, give the we hate [team that is going to the superbowl here]team threads a res” complaints because of the sheer number and nastiness of the titles being continuously posted.

Well, as former Vikings coach Dennis Green said, “the great thing about this country is everyone has a right to opinion. Another great thing about this country is, I don’t have to read their opinions.”

Well, except fot the fact that you decided for yourself what my opinion was despite it having been clearly spelled out prior, and then chewed me out based on your perceptions, rather than what I’d actually said.