Holy shit, FOX is selling another whore!

I will volunteer to be a judge and to assist in creating the judging criteria.

I watched part of this last night - it’s similar to watching a bad wreckage, you know you shouldn’t but curiosity gets the best of you. I’m almost ashamed to share the same gender with these people. What happened to these women as children? Did someone cut all their barbir dolls hair off and this is their way of living a “complete” life now? Argh… nothing more pathetic than desperation.

As Diane has already pointed out, the winner got a DATE with the prince, a free trip to Europe, a $40,000 necklace, and a free makeover. It was also in Vegas, and I can well imagine that most if not all of the women there did it on a lark, just to see what would happen. If all I had to do to get a $40,000 necklace and all that other cool stuff was to smile, look pretty and eat dinner with a member of Italian royalty, I’d probably give it a shot, too. Hell, professional models do these exact things for a living, they just try to look good for a wider audience (usually) than one man. I don’t see the problem with it.

Woo!

Known for five minutes or more: CHECK!
Stuff to trade: CHECK!

I seem to have a bit of time on my hands right now and am feeling surprisingly spry. I’ve got tons of popsicles, ice cream, jello and soup and let’s not even get into the drugs I’ve got sitting around here!

Talk to me, baby.

Ya’ll will be so happy to know that I heard an interview (5-minute ad) on the radio this morning recruiting guys to come audition for a new show called Bachelor where he gets to go out with 25 women, meet their parents and “hopefully” (according to the guy being “interviewed”) propose to one of them in a six-week period.
One of the DJ’s asked “what do the women get?” and the interviewee had the audacity to answer “true love”. I changed the channel.

I tried searching on google, but didn’t find anything.

You’re in .

Now we just need to find some whores and a venue…

A LOT of Royal families are living exile.

According to my husband, who always seems to know things like this, The prince on the tv show is the grandson of the man who was granted the title, presumably by the Italian royal family at the time. Unlike a life peerage, this one got to be handed down.

Also, in many countries any noble is a prince or princess. In Britain it’s different–you have to be royal to be a prince or princess.

Could even be spaghetti. Although I think that brand went out of business.

Seems to happen a lot with Italian and Germanic titles-of-nobility. Probably they did not have the concept of a life peer?

Ditto in Spain, though they will recognize the aforementioned Italo-Germanic princeships for protocol purposes.

Have to confess I watched this train wreck.

The idiot MC couldn’t even pronounce the “Prince”'s name.
Kept saying Gill-er-mow…ghee-lair-mow…guy-lair-mow, etc. Sounded like a different variation each time.

Sheesh, you think Fox would have instructed the guy on how to pronounce it. Or edited/re-shot it for the rebroadcast.

The prince himself handled it with aplomb.

Oh, and though Fox obviously went to great lengths to have an “appropriately diverse for TV” group of women (meaning all major skin and hair colors but narrow range of body types), anyone surprised he picked the tall-blond-with-rack?

A woman with antlers? I thought that was what we gave to men.

I’m bumping this thread because I checked the additions to Snopes today and have just learned of the existence of this “Bachelor” phenomenon. Good fucking Christ. I think I’m going to join another race. Anyone know of any good alien species I might qualify for?

Italian princes are ten a penny. I knew one in college and there was nothing special about him. His “palace” was just a big house apparently.

How sad would you have to be to find a title cool.

Or how sad and desperate to pin your marital hopes on some TV contest.

Worth doing for money I guess, nothing else.

Hmm, Italian guy chasing after a Princess?

Heh, Nintendo, Fox is borrowing story ideas from your Mario Bros. franchise. Go get em.

Maybe his father was Abe Froman.

If you were a cojoined siamese twin we could call you HO-HO.
:smiley:

Yup. One of my friends o/l is part of the Sicilian royal family. We almost went out…

…'cept I wouldn’t break up with my boyfriend, so I told him that I did just so he would stop BITCHING about him, but then he found out, and decided that I was trying to play him, so we really don’t talk much anymore. Now he smokes pot and goes to lots of parties. . .

Guess I don’t have what it takes, huh ;).

The prince fellow is real, no connection with Italian royalty, though. His mother is the daughter of Marchese Guglielmo Marconi, inventor of wireless telegraphy. Guglielmo (grandpere nd his daughters got an Italian courtesy title which I believe is technically noble, not royal, but is translated as prince.

Princess Eletra Marconi married another member of the minor Italian royal set, Carlo dei principi Giovanelli, and Guglielmo (grandfil) is their son, and so is a legitimate prince.

.:Nichol:.