Homosexuality, For or Against?

Ah, the old “People Would Complain” argument. News flash: People will complain over damn near everything. This is not a reliable way to indicate if something is a good idea or not.

I’m trying to get where you’re coming from. Really, I am, Sydney.

Except that gay people exist and live their lives without yours or anyone else’s approval, and it seems bloody silly that saying if <action by humanity> is done, then <dire consequences>.

So is your problem with homosexuality that we don’t go forth and people the world? I’d love to hear this.

Thanks, RiS. It’s been a while since we had such a truly silly OP in GD.

Homosexuality doesn’t bother me at all. I’m curious, though. Do you actually sit around worrying that the human race is dying out because some small percentage of the population practices homosexuality?

I don’t practice homosexuality, Rocket. I’m a paid professional.

And if we all masturbated exclusively the human race would die out completely. Therefore I’m against masturbation. I plan on stopping any day now.

Ten Percent is not enough!
Recruit, recruit, RECRUIT!

I actually overcame my revulsion at the Phelpsies long enough to laugh.

I agree with you 100%. And I thought your subtle clue in your first sentence towards the Hidden Gay Agenda [sup]tm[/sup] was brilliant.

First if everyone turned gay, we’d all have Faaabulous taste, and, as such would clean out all the antique stores and “curio” shops in a massive effort to reduce tackiness. The huge influx of money into the economy via the antique dealers would trigger horrific, double-digit inflation as prices rise to meet demand.

Soon, all this cash flowing into the economy would trigger over-manufacturing to meet the artificially high demand. Once the demand ceases (because all the antiques and curios are bought up) the market would crash. This’ll cause mass lay-offs and firings which would generate vast unemployment. A WORLD WIDE DEPRESSION WOULD CLEARLY FOLLOW!! So, if everyone was gay, we’d all be out of work!

Fenris

Perhaps Rocket meant practice in the professional sense, i.e. as in lawyers and doctors.

In which case we have the problem with uncommitted dabblers! Dangerous! Obviously you need a licensing system. As well as approved course of studies.

Hmm, the market possibilities are endless. Oh yes, and professional associations.

Perhaps, however, you could admit paraprofessionals into the ‘practice’?

(Sorry Rocket, this was just too much fun to resist)

If everyone in the world were male, we couldn’t reproduce naturally. That is why I am against males. Sorry, guys.

:rolleyes:

I am just curious as to what all the Dopers think of homosexuality. I have the following to say:

[li]If everyone in the world were straight, life would go on.[/li][li]If everyone were gay, we could not produce naturally.[/li][li]If everyone were Opal, we could have lots of little OpalBabies.[/li]
I’m interested in expanding my world-view and reading dissenting comments. What are all your thoughts on the subject?

And …

It’s just that I am pissed at things like the “Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras”. What if there were a “Heterosexual Mardi Gras”? The gays would be jumping up and down. (Like jellybeans) Similarly, if there is a “Black Pride Day” why not a “White Pride Day”?

sigh

I see, the farm animal approach. Yes, I see what you mean. As a rancher of human beings, it’s a little bit more difficult to raise homosexuals then it is your garden variety Het.

What you’ll have to do is take charge of your breeding program. Yes, I know it’s a little bit more work, but I think you’ll be pleased with the results. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

With a careful breeding program, you’ll find a herd of well-bed Homosexuals will be easier keeping than just letting your Hets run wild and breed any which way.

When it comes time to bring 'em to market, You’re sure to reap the benefit of your hard work.

Be careful though. This is for experts. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you’d best keep to raising Hets.

“…a rancher of human beings”!!!
“…bring 'em to MARKET”!!!

Aaaaagggghhh!

The dark truth is revealed!

Soylent Green is made from HETS!

[sub]Obviously another dark facet of The Gay Agenda[/sub]tm[sub] has been revealed![/sub]:eek:

Fenris

[Quote]
Perhaps Rocket meant practice in the professional sense, i.e. as in lawyers and doctors.

[Quote]

Jeepers, sometimes I do come off like Les Nessman in print, don’t I?

::wanders off, muttering::

Oh, bloody hell. Try preview.

That’s it. I’m going back to sleep.

**RAWisSYDNEY wrote:

If everyone in the world was Straight, life would go on.

If everyone turned gay, we couldnt reproduce naturally.**

RiS can you give us an example of a time in history when everyone decided to “be gay” and therefore threatened the survival of the human species?

. . . because every day is White Pride Day.

Awww, does that mean you’re not interesting in the professionalization of gayness?

Why recruit? If being gay is natural for someone they don’t need to be recruited.

It’s a joke. The whole “recruit, recruit, recruit” thing is just turning one of the false accusations of the anti-gay Right on its head.

So far over your head you couldn’t even see it, huh?