Hope This Makes Beck Feel Better When She Sees It: Weasel In The House

Soon after I arrived at the homeplace after my Dad’s passing I learned that there has been a weasel in the house since before my Mom went into the hospital in late March. Apparently it just takes napkins without making a mess and small amounts of foodstuffs. Southerners bring food to the homes of people who have lost loved ones just as much as midwesterners do, and a pound cake was left uncovered. He ate a little of it, so the next night my aunt left a little out for him so he wouldn’t mess with anything else, and he didn’t. My Mom was fine with him being there because he got rid of the mice. My brother caught a glimpse of him, which is how we know he’s a weasel. His name is Wally.

This sounds like a very polite and well-behaved weasel. :slight_smile:

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.
– Homer (no, Simpson)

When my mom was a teenager and her birthday was coming up, one of my uncles asked her what she wanted. So he got her a weasel.

But mom was an art student, and what she really wanted was an easel.

That sounds like a great opportunity to set up a Ring camera (or something similar). They trigger when they see motion, so they could get some pictures of it eating.

I had one (a camera, not a weasel) watching my dove eggs, and now have it on the ground where they used to hang out. I tend to get some cute squirrels and birds poking around there.

My nephew has talked about setting one up.

I would have named him Ron.

Interesting story.

Oh how sweet.
I like weasels, minks, fisher cats .
I’ve always wanted a ferret. But the family scorns on that. And cats would probably kill it. They are bad.

This tale made me so happy to hear.
Thank you, so much.

B.

One of the legends surrounding Casablanca is director Michael Curtiz, born in Hungary, said at one point, “I vant a poodle.”
“What?”
“A poodle! I vant a poodle right here!”

So everything comes to a halt for an hour while somebody procured a poodle and brought it onto the set.

Turned out he wanted a puddle.

!WARNING, DAD JOKE!

If it’s raining cats and dogs, make sure you don’t step in a poodle.