Horrifying Dessert

Yesterday, I promised MilliCal at least a little of a “scary movie”. She requested, to my surprise, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. And she wanted her dessert, postponed from after dinner.

Then she said she wanted a particular part. The part where they get to the castle.
She held off easting her dessert until they got to the Dinner scene.

“Ahhhh – Dessert.
Chilled Monkey Brains!”

I don’t know where she gets this from.

My former roommate and I would always make sure we were eating something while watching CSI. If the opening credits came on and we realized we had no food, we’d scurry to the kitchen to grab a snack. Look, there’s just no point in watching a dead body covered with maggots if you can’t enjoy a nice meal at the same time.

Quite a while back, I had to explain to MilliCal why she couldn’t watch George Romero’s Night of the Living Dead. I finally explained to her that they showed really bad zombies eating people, but that it was OK, because what the actors were really eating were things like ham, but they put chocolate syrup on it to look like blood. She now thinks of NotLD as a gross movie where zombies eat chocolate-covered ham.

Did you get one of those Jello molds that look like human brain?

“The people are made of turkey!”

No, but it’s a great idea. MilliCal would probably love it. And frerak her friends out.

(I once had to prepare dinner for a bunch of friends on April Gool’s day. I used food coloring to make purple mashed potatoes and blue dinner rolls. Nobody ate them. )

Eww, chocolate covered ham is gross. You just made that movie even more disgusting for me.
For her next party, how about some heart shaped cupcakes (real hearts, not valentine hearts) that have strawberry jam in them? So you bite into it and red stuff oozes out. And they are decorated with blue and red icing made to look like veins and arteries. Yum.

We use those for Jello shots. :slight_smile: But I imagine MilliCal is a bit young for that, yet.

And “gross zombies eating chocolate-covered ham” is going to be my new catch phrase.

No, but it’s a great idea. MilliCal would probably love it. And freak her friends out.

(I once had to prepare dinner for a bunch of friends on April Fool’s day. I used food coloring to make purple mashed potatoes and blue dinner rolls. Nobody ate them. )