Horrors!!

Richard O’Brien is writing a sequel to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. He’s the guy that was responsible for the original stinker that everybody loves.
Except for me and a few other people who’s sanity is questioned when we say, “Huh?”

Is this necessary? The last time I took a count, there were one too many movies of RHPS. Now this guy is going to compound the felony by writing another?

Are there no workhouses?

You can’t do the same shtick twice. Even I know that. Especially if there was no shtick to begin with.

O’Brien, you got lucky.
Don’t push it.

Take it from an expert. You can. Even thrice. I’ve made a good living rehashing the old Rabbit Season-Duck Season shtick over and over again.

O’Brien can do it too…and he already has! At least ten years ago! I think it was called “Shock Treatment”.

Never underestimate the one trick pony. There’s always an audience.

Elmer J. Fudd,
Millionaire.
I own a mansion and a yacht.

I understand that “Shock Treatment” was so bad that it even flopped on the midnight circuit and is currently mouldering away in a vault somewhere never to be beheld by human eyes again.

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

Yeah, but Rocky Horror was great! I wuz rolling. How about Mike Meyers as Rocky II? Don’t look Marge, it’s not pretty.

Mouldering in a vault? That’s just wishful thinking by movie critics. I saw it on TV a few months ago.

Elmer - did you know you’re a Chia head now?
Elmer with hair

Finally! My Christmas wish come true!

Elmer J. Fudd,
Millionaire.
I own a mansion and a yacht.

He already made a sequel, the aforementioned Shock Treatment, which has only appealed to the most dedicated Transylvanians.

Despite having played Columbia for several years, I’m not as dedicated as I thought. Shock Treatment sucks ass. However, I still have a cozy place in my heart for the original movie cast and Richard O’Brien (wonder if he’d reprise his role as Riff…) and if they could all be rounded up for the occasion, I would definitely spend money to see a third installment out of curiosity.

HOWEVER:
I seriously doubt that Laura “Little Nell” Campbell would have anything to do with it, which comes as a great disappointment to me. From what I understand, she wishes that she’d had nothing to do with RHPS at all.

The guy who played Rocky has been living in obscurity, running a small bookstore in London or something…doubt he’d have anything to do with it either.

Meatloaf would do it (hell, he did SpiceWorld with Richard O’Brien, he’d do anything.) Susan Sarandon and Tim Curry would probably do it if they could get big dollars out of it. I wonder if Barry Bostwick would take time out of his sitcom schedule for such a thing?

::ramble, ramble::
Anyway…I’d go. ::d&r::

“…all the prettiest girls live in Des Moines…”
–Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Just out of curiousity, Wally, why did you put this thread in the Pit? Why isn’t it in MPSIMS? I’m thinking of moving it.

Lynn

Richard O’Brien has been making a sequel for years. IIRC, he even posted the script online. It’s never going to be a movie, though. Even the man himself has said it.

Cessandra

Killed a man with no hands. . .

Lynn, my mistake. By all means move it.

I think this thread should stay in the Pit. That way, I won’t get in trouble when I say that Rocky Horror sucks ass.

You know, Auraseer, I’ve always liked and admired you…up til now.

Dissing RHPS is a REAL good way to get into trouble in the Pit. :wink:

Lynn the Packrat

RHPS is the most fun you can have at a movie (get your mind out of the gutter)

Teeming Millions: http://fathom.org/teemingmillions
“Meat flaps, yellow!” - DrainBead, naked co-ed Twister chat
O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

Lynn Bodoni wrote:

Been there, done that. At one point I started a whole thread just to complain about the movie. (I’d post a link, but the search engine is being surly again.)

OpalCat wrote:

I have had more fun watching the monotonous advertising slideshows that some theaters play while people are taking their seats.

Come to think of it, I’ve had more fun staring at a blank screen and waiting for a film to start.

RHPS is the second-worst movie I have ever had the displeasure of sitting through.
I say second-worst, only because it lacked the thousand-decibel dentist-drill sounds which bombarded the audience during Pi. At least RHPS did not make me feel like ice picks were being driven through my eardrums. (This is the only positive comment I will make about the movie. And no, I am not joking.)

…I liked Pi too…

Teeming Millions: http://fathom.org/teemingmillions
“Meat flaps, yellow!” - DrainBead, naked co-ed Twister chat
O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

That’s right, Opal, admitting that you have a problem is the first step toward recovery. If you are willing to work hard at it, you may someday be able to overcome your bad taste.

Here’s the link, AuraSeer:

http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000244.html

This reminds me, jjtm, did you ever find that cast in San Fransisco?

Cessandra

Killed a man with no hands. . .

…it was easy, cause he couldn’t fight back.
Sorry. Had to stick that under Cessandra’s tag line.

JMCJ

Die, Prentiss, Die! You will never have a more glorious opportunity!