Hosting Recommendation

I own a domain name. It’s hosted by Go Daddy. Now I want to set up a couple email addresses. This email is the extent of what I need. Go Daddy seems like it’s oriented toward businesses with web sites.
I’m concerned I’m too small of a customer for such a large company. Are my concern unwarranted? If so any recommendations for hosting/email?

Are you a Mac or iPhone user? If so, purchasing any of the iCloud payed options will get you the ability to host custom domains for email. This includes the $0.99/month option.

I’ve never used this, but have always found it interesting as a very low cost way of hosting email. For a single user it only supports three addresses per domain.

Alternatively, both Google (Google Workspaces) and Microsoft (Office 365 for business) also support using a custom domain for email for $6/user/month.

Those are the three big players in email.

The basic way all of these will work is they will give you instructions on how to setup your domain so that email gets sent to the right place. Here are Apple’s instructions. It’s not necessary that you understand the meaning of MX, CNAME, and DKIM, just that you can do pattern matching between the instructions and the configuration page at Go Daddy for your domain, so the settings go in the correct place.

Thx. Would I need to move my domain, which is now hosted at Gi Daddy, to Apple?

I don’t think so. You should only have to go to your setting on Go Daddy and update your MX record to point to Apple. Also, probably add a DKIM and maybe SPF entry that say Apple is allowed to send email on your behalf.

There are the generic instructions from apple that I linked above, but a search might reveal a set of instructions tuned for Go Daddy.

Again, I’ve never used this service from Apple, so it might be terrible; I just find the price compelling.