Hot Girls Love Goatee: Statistically Proven

I think “p*ssy face” but that’s just me. I do like the edge of the jawline beard and the soul patch tho’. And so few men have Fu Manchus anymore…

My stats:
Redhead
Moderately cute
Not super young

So maybe that’s why I don’t like goatees (or goatse, for that matter)…

hehehehe, interface2x :slight_smile:

Originally posted by SP2263

Around here the pre-middle-aged-losing-their-hair crowd wear baseball caps.
When a guy is his late twenties / early thirties wears a cap - or some sort of head-cover - you can be certain he’s balding.

Certainly If You Please, Perhaps a subject for a new scientific experiment?

Women are attracted to the “bad boy” attitude that the goatee broadcasts. Just look at evil Spock from Star Trek…the same except with a goatee.

HA! From now on I’ll be thinking p*ssy face too. Thanks.

Given the number of individuals with or without goatees or hot girls claiming to have some impact on the OP’s statistics, I can statistically prove the following:

Far, far too many dopers have no bloody clue about the meaning of a statistical sample or the difference between statistics and anecdotes.

At least the only error the OP made was interpreting the statistical result.

I suggest amending the conclusion to state “Hot Girls who Like Guys Who Attend Demolition Derbies Prefer Goatees,” unless the OP can demonstrate that it was the Hot Girls who decided which event the pair would attend that day.

I am. I do like them dark, though.

bughunter:

Point taken, Bughunter…Other considerations are the type of event and the area in which the derby took place. I’ve heard that young women who live in the Chino-Ontario area (which is in San Bernardino, California, east of L.A.) are different from the young women in the L.A. and Orange County area. Let’s put it this way…Chino is a farming community.

However, I think the basic point has been established that more young women are attracted to men with goatees (well done goatees, that is) than not (see comments on this board).

Nonetheless, I’m going to the Venice Beach this Friday (in the L.A. & O.C. area) and take statistics again. Furthermore, I’ve been working on my own goatee since yesterday and will also observe reactions.

By the way, I’m not balding and I hate baseball caps, and I do look younger for my age. My problem is shyness and appearing unapproachable by my serious demeanor.

And please stop bringing up “goatse”! I get nauseous whenever I think of that image!

I wore one for about 2 months, definately made me more evil. It itched like crazy once it gets to a certain length though, it had to go.

Here’s my 2 cents (as a young, pretty female)-

I don’t go for facial hair. It won’t make me turn a guy down, but it won’t get him any points either. And I agree that the goatee is the new mullet. :eek: Pick a new style guys!

Glasses get major points in my book. I love 'em! :cool:

So an interesting turn of events…I made observations on the same type of couples at a beach this time (Venice Beach, that is, in L.A., California):

Young, hot women with guys with goatees: 15 or 38%
Young, hot women with guys without goatees: 24 or 62%

Young, hot blonde women with guys with goatees: 4 or 31%
Young, hot blonde women with guys without goatees: 9 or 69%

Young, hot brunette or other color women with guys w/goatees: 11 or 42%
Young, hot brunette or other color women with guys w/o goatees: 15 or 58%

A flip-flop on the observations made at the demolition derby. I realize, to my detractors, that this is not a tightly-controlled experiment as it should be, but offhand I’d guess that location has something to do with this.

Or perhaps it has to do with the type of woman based on where she lives: city girl, country girl, beach bunny, suburb girl. Oh well, another experiment for another time.

I have:

1. Young hot blonde girlfriend

2. Lots and lots of dark pubic hair

I too, think there is some sort of connection.

And I can statistically prove that far too many Dopers take their statistical methodology far too seriously. I think it was perfectly clear that the OP and the subsequent posters knew damn well that nothing was “proven.” It was merely an amusing way to report an observation and open the topic for discussion.

Oh, and here are my stats:
Redheaded. 33 years old. Married to a man with a goatee, perfect vision, and a shaved head. I’m kinda hot in my way, but I think that if you had observed me during one of your data collection sessions, you would probably shunt me into the “not” category.

tremorviolet–I do love a good Fu Manchu. Yowza! Nice to know I’m not the only one. I don’t think El Hubbo has the facial hair to pull it off, unfortunately. He’s planning to shave the goat for Halloween this year, though, so maybe I’ll see if I can get him to try a Fu Manchu as an intermediate step…