Hotel of Heroes mafia

Wow.

Something tells me we will have to watch this guy.

Sexes As far as i know, feel free to correct me. I hate using “they” when I am unsure.

1. Wolverine
  2. ushimitsudoki
  3. thesearemyownpants -male
  4. specialed - male
  5. chipacabra - male
  6. suburbanplankton - male
  7. mentalguy - male
  8. Meeko - male
  9. astralrejection - male
  10. Oneandonlywanders - male
  11. cometothedarksidewehavecookies -female
  12. redskeezix - male
  13. storyteller -male
  14. oredigger -male
  15. peekercpa -male
  16. Pleonast -male
  17. idlethoughts -male
  18. Chronos -male

Quoth peeker:

Pending further information, yes. It’s weak, but we have to start discussion somehow. And no, I don’t see any problems with making assumptions: I would in fact assert that it is impossible to play the game without making assumptions, and that not making assumptions is a potentially very dangerous trap for Town.

I gotta agree with peeks on this one. But that is because I didn’t make the same assumption. I will concede that I do think assumptions will have to be made at some point, but I just tend to disagree on principle with assumptions that are solely based on the color.

And just to get the other day one topics out of the way (stolen from when i posted it last time):
Mass Claim- Not on day 1. Probably later, if at anytime a detective has a decent amount of town-investigated roles, then lead off the mass claim.

Name Claim - This game has no canon that I know of.

Miller - The miller should claim no later than the beginning of day 2.

Vote Early, vote often - Do this. Vote all the time. Late voting is anti-town, and sometimes pro-scum. Some players insist on voting late as their prerogative. Those players often look more suspicious to me.

PIS - It’s quite possible for either side to make PISes and Cases based on PIS. Think about what the PIS might imply before you do so.

Tapioca pudding - Delicious. Especially the little bits in it.

So, this would be like a funky cold [del]medina[/del] Lorena thing ?

So, is it night -1 currently?

I thought it was night 0… If not I apologize for my previous posts.

That’s why I brought it up. As weird as it sounds, I thought there would be an official start to the unofficial start.

That is, I thought we would have Maha state that Night 0 has started.

Quoth Red Skeezix:

Well, at some point in the game, someone’s going to have to make the first game-related post. What can that first game-related post be based on? The same old discussions we always have about mass-claims and millers? We’ve had those discussions so many times that I don’t think anyone even really pays attention any more. An unusual mechanic that the moderator has told us about? Sure, if we have one, but from what we know so far, there isn’t one. So what’s left to start discussion, besides the color?

Uhm, I don’t know, perhaps the question you are apparently dodging? RE: your motivation to mention that you cheated your own vote analysis program ?

To be clear : That quote is from Chornos. In Chronos’ quote, he quoted Skeezix, which dropped out of the chain of nested quotes.

It’s like Christmas. I go to bed and wake up to a big thread full of new posts. :slight_smile:

I’ve received my PM and if anyone wants to know, they can use male pronouns with me.

OK, let’s start whether everyone is ready or not.

It’s Night Zero. I won’t set an end time yet, but go ahead and talk strategy freely and discuss anything you want. No votes until Day One, though.

Go!

I’m just going to confirm I’ve received my PM. I don’t have much to add at this juncture as a newbie I’m going to wait for someone else to start the ball rolling about strategy

oh lord. i think i’ll pass for a moment. ed feel fracking free (anyway that you can like warn the rest of it when your strategy lecture starts. that way, at least i, can farking ignore it.).

and chronos don’t get me wrong. i know that metagaming game set up is as normal as the sun rising in the east. i just am curious why you would make that assumption is all. i mean especially since we don’t have a single data point available except for our own personal p.m. and depending on whether you are a member of a group of souls potentially your team mates and some means of communicating with them.

Should we pass this one around the horn?

I do NOT hate shoes. – And frankly I’m glad for it. The idea for Marcel was a good intention. :rolleyes:

Pants : Your post reminds me of a conversation Chronos and I had in one of my earlier games. Look at my signature.

Chronos : Still waiting on an answer in regards to your motivation for stating that you lied to manipulate your own vote program.

neta: and pants a word of advice. i sincerely dislike the newbie card. right now your win to loss ratio has got to be better than ed’s. doesn’t keep him from contributing (in the loosest definition of the word). so plunge right on in. if you fuck up badly surely someone will either throw you a lifesaver or an anchor.

meeko are we doing shoes or potatoes this time around?

and for the newbs if you don’t get the shoes thing you really need to take the remedial class and then come back. r00sh certainly added his stamp to this game for generations to come.

don’t worry about the ass cum thing. that’s kind of intermediate level.

PM confirmed. Time to get myself into paranoia mode again.

Nested quoting has been disabled since the last time I played, hasn’t it? That’s going to mess me right up, I swear.

Snipped.
Peeker : I do not have a post restriction. I thought you knew what Shoes meant. Perhaps, as you suggest, you need to get schooled in mafia some more?

Peeker : I think shoes are a good Night Zero topic. Do you?

I made a choice to take some time off, after LotR / Halloween because of Potatoes. I told people I wouldn’t be back until 2011. I had plans to make it to Feb or March, but honestly, the mafia bug bit me about a week ago, and the rest is history.

The last I will say about Potatoes for this game : I entered this game, and will enter EVERY game after it under the assumption that potatoes exist in the game.

I hope my time off from mafia will result in better play.

But, I have to hand it to you Peeker - good attempt at a distraction.

Quoth Meeko:

I didn’t actually mention in this thread that I lied that game, but that’s true too (well, effectively, at least). What I said was that I was playing in a way as to attempt to fool my program, but that it still gave good output, anyway. I said this to back up my assertion that my program is a useful tool: If even I, who wrote the darned thing, have a hard time fooling it, that suggests that it is indeed hard to fool. As for why I lied about it at the time, well, that should be pretty obvious: I was Scum at the time, and an honest report of the results would have hurt my team. I wasn’t aware that it was any big revelation that Scum lie when they’re playing.

Of course, to be fair, the fact that I was able to get away with lying about my program in that game raises the possibility that I might be able to do it again. I don’t know how much programming skill anyone here has, but if you aren’t able to independently verify the program, and you don’t trust me, then I would recommend that you just disregard any output I report.