How about some interview tips?

Try practicing a couple of stories in a What, How, Wow format.

What: A short pithy sentence or two about what you did.
How: A list of 5-7 ways that you accomplished it
Wow: Three reasons why what you did was important. This should include both why it was good to the company (group,etc.) and what it meant to you.

An example:

I was the first student representative elected to the school committee.

I proposed to the superintendent of schools that we have a non-votintg, student member on the school committee. I gathered input from students, teachers, and school committee members. I wrote and presented the proposal to the school commitee. I led the group that came up with the process for holding the elections and the bylaws for the student advisory committee. I was one of 12 students that ran for the student representative office and was elected.

The school committee was pleased with the process and decided to make it permanent. When a grup of students walked out of class I was able to defuse tensions between students and the administration, make sure another walkout did not take place, and prevent students from being suspended. This also helped me overcome my fear of public speaking and encouraged me to pursue a degree in Eduacation.

========

Having several of these ready can really help. Make sure that you focus on what YOU did. “I led a group that planned” vs “We came up with a plan that”.

I think that sounds really promising (that they asked about your career plans). In my experience, companies that ask you that at an interview for an internship/contract position are very likely to be looking to later recruit those interns/contractors in more permanent positions and they like to promote internally.

I didn’t know that it would be this fast, but I just gotten news through email that I have been rejected for the position…

I’ve yet to find a manager who wasn’t thrilled that a candidate was confident, and ensured them they could work independently and make decisions, and then cite specific examples of such behavior.

Indepent worker.

Makes decisions.

Consults superiors as needed.

Shows specific examples to demonstrate this.

Best advice I can give, and I’ve hired hundreds of people.

And…ASK INFORMED QUESTIONS!!!

Bon Chance.

:frowning: Sorry to hear your news ExtraKun. Better luck next time!